Aon Is Looking For an Administrative Assistant
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our business group within Aon, in Burlington, Vermont.
Your impact as an Administrative Assistant
- Excellent customer service skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Superior writing skills—grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading
- Communicate effectively and professionally
- Work independently with a variety of individuals and teams
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Model professional appearance and demeanor in a business casual environment
- Demonstrate discretion on highly confidential matters
- Prepares and produces high-quality client reports, presentations, correspondence, graphic presentations, and other documents, including editing for grammar, punctuation, and clarity
- Submits printing requests for client meetings and other needs as necessary; ensures accuracy of printed materials before distribution
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, including room reservations and food ordering/delivery, if necessary
- Acts as a key resource for the team (i.e., independently seeks out answers to questions, takes initiative, leverages network of resources to solve problems and proactively cascade knowledge to peer network)
- Is strategic, solves problems, establishes procedures that result in process improvements
- Internet research
- Provides backup assistance to other AAs as applicable
- Uses internal travel tool to research travel options and book consultant travel
- Prepares and submits expense reports
- Records time accurately and submits according to corporate guidelines
- Maintains a flexible approach and attitude toward assisting others; leads by example; coaches and mentors AAs
- Self‑directed prioritization of work and projects; demonstrates measurable progress through open communication to leaders and team members consistently and with highest quality
- Serves as expert resource for Aon branding
- Provides financial support of budgeting and procurement as required by the business supported
- Maintains files, databases, and/or SharePoint sites as appropriate
- Becomes knowledgeable of practice/business‑specific products, services, and terminology
- Shares work with others and delegates as appropriate
- Seeks additional responsibilities
- This list is not all‑inclusive; other tasks may vary based on business need
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Advanced‑level computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite and other programs as applicable
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate or bachelor degree a plus
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.