- Work at the heart of the organisation on a variety of business projects
- Partner with significant stakeholders on key strategic projects
- Coach and develop a team of professional project managers
Aon is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource solutions. Our key advantage is our broad view of two of the most important issues in our economy today: risk and people. Utilising this advantage, we’re driven to empower economic and human possibility for clients, colleagues and communities around the world.
At Aon, you’ll be part of a team which will support and inspire you, and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It’s an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we’ll empower results.
Make your mark in this critical role at the heart of the Aon business where you will have direct impact through the delivery of key strategic business and change projects. The Aon Corporate Planning team have a mission to support the successful execution of critical business initiatives through a strong focus on project execution. As the Head of Business Project execution you will ensure these Strategic Programmes of Work are well-designed with strong business governance and engagement to ensure delivery against clear and aligned execution plans. Key responsibilities will also include:
- Lead, mentor, coach and role model for a team of 8 Project Managers
- Build strategic key relationships internally across the Aon network to drive collaboration cross-functionally for excellent business outcomes
- Ensure all projects are on budget and meet timeframes which are clearly communicated to all parties
- Ensure all project have a clear focus on adoption and achievement of the proposed benefits
- Hands-on project management
- Extensive experience in a Senior Project Management or Program Manager (Business) role gained within the Financial Services or Consulting environment
- Proven leadership experience with demonstrable people development and coaching experience
- Commercial nous, strategic agility and excellent decision-making skills
- Excellent cross functional influencing and relationship building skills across a broad range of stakeholders
- Results and execution focussed with the ability to make things happen
- Relevant degree/ qualifications in Project Management or Business
Aon Culture & Benefits
With close to 1800 employees, we are the largest organisation of our kind in Australia. Globally, we have an employee base of 69,000 people working across 120 countries. This allows us to gather the best thinking from around the world and deliver solutions locally. We provide colleagues with the support to make an impact, a team that will inspire you to achieve, and on-going opportunities for development.
Aon is a multi-faceted retail brokering and risk management service that specialises in providing products, services, and solutions to meet the diverse and varied needs of our clients. We help our clients anticipate the obstacles that stand in the way of achieving their business vision by providing innovative, effective solutions that help clear the path to their success. Our clients range from multi-national companies to industry associations to individuals who use our expertise to manage their own personal financial risks
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position.