Aon is looking for a Senior Claims Analyst in Chicago, IL
POSITION OVERVIEW: Professionally and efficiently service reinsurance claims activity on behalf of ceding companies and reinsurers. Act as a liaison by interacting with and provide assistance to external clients and reinsurers. Provide assistance to internal clients, as well.
- Review assigned claims documentation
- Ensure all necessary information is included
- Verify information complies with terms and conditions of applicable treaties
- Request additional information, as needed
- Process claims within established timeframes, monitoring and pursuing the timeliness of ceding companies’ reports and remittances, if assigned
- Maintain historic and electronic files on existing claims
- Research and reconcile claim information using various systems and resources
- Assist clients to comply with state insurance regulations
- Gather information to carry out the Letter of Credit (LOC) process
- Collect LOC’s from unauthorized reinsurers
- Evaluate LOC and supporting documentation for accuracy and compliance
- Review and transmit documentation to clients
- Work with other teams in obtaining year-end funding and resolving LIMCLM failures
- Follow up with collections to ensure payment to the client on a timely basis
- Provide assistance to sales team by participating in RFP’s and similar activities
- Work with senior team members to identify and offer solutions to problems and disputes
- Review internal statistical data
- Organize, schedule and attend claim reviews, as necessary
- Compile data; organize and schedule Client Services meetings
- Other duties, as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Successful completion of Aon Benfield’s technical training program or equivalent
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite of products
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to think strategically and analytically
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or equivalent experience
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.