Aon Is Looking For An Account Executive (Ottawa, ON)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Risk Management business group with Aon Risk Solutions, in Ottawa, Ontario. As an Account Executive, you will report directly to the Branch Manager.
Your Impact As An Account Executive
Distinctive Client Value:
- Developing knowledge of clients operations and risk exposures.
- Identifying specific client and prospect needs and developing innovative and cost effective solutions.
- Reviewing and revising insurance program in conjunction with the client to ensure complete and appropriate coverage.
- Introducing the service team to clients as their day-to-day point of contact for ongoing service needs and ensure smooth communication and coordination with the client.
- Coordinating and providing oversight to the account team and establish client service plans that prioritize the account activities and profitability in a value-based approach for the scope of services required.
- Gaining and maintaining a thorough understanding and knowledge of available Aon resources and solutions, and match those to client business requirements.
- Coordinating and leading the strategy for the account renewal and the ongoing activity and requirements during the year, working with the broking team in the marketing process and the negotiations with underwriters.
- Assisting in the reviewing of claims and managing the client issues around claims handling.
- Developing and managing the relationship at a senior level to become the client’s risk management advisor.
- Cross-selling and expanding the existing insurance programs with our clients; developing and managing client relationships in order to increase penetration sales and cultivate new business opportunities.
- Producing new business and assisting in the development of sales and marketing strategy designed to cultivate revenue generation opportunities.
- Developing new contacts and build relationships with prospects that align with the Region’s/Branch’s acknowledged targeted industry or segment groups.
- Providing the leadership necessary for development and delivery of insurance and industry related presentations/seminars prospects and clients as required.
- Acting as the visible face of Aon to the clients/prospects in the community, working to consistently prospect and facilitating lead generation activities.
- Partner with Affinity group- provide expertise and client services. Generate and explore new leads, advice on systems design and client serving models.
- Actively participate in regional sales meetings.
- Champion the development of Aon Client Promise (ACP) plans for in scope clients.
- Keep herself / himself informed on new Aon products and services offered by the various national practices.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- RIBO license required.
- Minimum 2 years commercial insurance experience with Local or Regional Brokerage preferred.
- CIP, FCIP and CRM is preferable, or working towards.
- Bilingual fluency in French would be an asset.
- Post-Secondary Degree with Business / Finance Focus, an asset.
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications/designations.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.