Aon Is Looking for A Bilingual Account Coordinator
*Please note the location is flexible and can be either Toronto or Montreal.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Programs team within the FI Group at Aon. As an Account Coordinator you will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Your Impact as a Bilingual Account Coordinator
- Developing knowledge of clients operations and risk exposures.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls for new and existing business and provide ongoing service support to clients.
- Responding to client and financial advisor inquiries either by telephone or by email.
- Support all processing of client documentation, including policy creation and invoicing in Aon host systems.
- Managing the renewal process including preparing the renewal documents, presenting to client for approval, obtaining the binding order, and reviewing policy documentation and delivering to client in a timely manner.
- Providing direction when a claim is reported or inquired upon.
- Cross-selling and expanding the existing insurance programs with our clients; developing and managing client relationships in order to increase penetration sales and cultivate new business opportunities.
- Ensure that agreed service level standards are met.
- Following up for renewal information with advisors and clients.
- Reviewing application information and referring to Insurers where appropriate.
- Ensuring understanding of all Aon Facilities, including wordings, endorsements, limits, etc.
- Entering client and insurer information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Escalating, as required, complex/difficult customer complaints or inquiries to the appropriate team leader.
- Performing various other duties as directed by Department Manager.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- AMF Damage insurance license preferred or required to achieve within 3 months of employment.
- Minimum 2-3 years insurance experience.
- Fluency in French and English required.
- CIP, FCIP, CRM or RPLU designations desirable.
- General Knowledge of all areas of general insurance coverage.
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, decision making and negotiating skills.
- Proficient computer skills in : MS Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Committed team player.
- University degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.