Aon are currently recruiting Investment Consultants to join our teams acoss our UK offices. Based in Edinburgh, London, Birmingham, Bristol and Leeds our Investment Consultants will be primarily responsible for adding value to Aon’s relationship with clients through management, development and retention of a portfolio. In return, we can offer you excellent global career progression opportunities, along with a diverse client base, the support of a great team around you and inspiring leadership.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
The UK pensions landscape is evolving at a rapid pace. Economic challenges, legislative change, an ageing population and asset volatility pose a wide variety of risks and challenges to pension schemes. Trustees and scheme sponsors are faced with a range of decisions on difficult topics from managing risk to improving member engagement, setting an investment strategy to managing DC plans.
Aon Retirement Solutions’ market-leading capabilities and award-winning expertise make us the perfect partner to help clients through their pension challenges. We can provide integrated and comprehensive solutions across actuarial, plan administration, investment and insurance disciplines, enabling us to serve our clients' unique needs every step of the way.
The FCA's Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) applies to Aon from December 2019 and this role is subject to the relevant requirements of the Regime. The primary aim of SM&CR is to drive individual accountability for all roles within the Financial Services Sector. Aon must ensure those in senior roles, with the potential to cause significant harm to customers and the business of the firm, are deemed to be fit and proper at all times and also to ensure everyone working in the sector adheres to a set of Conduct Rules and are held to account where they do not meet the right standards of behaviour.
About the Role
Your impact as a Investment Consultant:
- act as the lead consultant for small clients and the main support to a lead consultant on larger clients;
- understand client needs and requirements;
- work with client team to formulate advice and take responsibility for that advice;
- work off own initiative on client specific projects;
- responsible for coordination of client work and timely delivery to the client or lead consultant for review if required;
- provision of routine advice to clients;
- act as day to day contact for all sizes of client;
- prepare meeting materials and lead client meetings;
- make some contribution to the thought leadership of the business through research and development;
- contribute to the growth of the business through contributing to marketing and new business;
- contribute to the success of the local investment team through helping to drive business performance;
- responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- proven experience with a major consulting, fund management or banking firm, involved in advising UK occupational pension schemes;
- client facing experience;
- relevant Investment Qualifications;
- understanding of most applicable areas of investment theory, regulatory and legislative rules;
- good understanding of all main asset classes, how they interact and the role they can play in meeting client objectives;
- good knowledge of active and passive management and the different styles of active managers;
- good understanding of performance measurement techniques;
- an understanding of how to manage a successful asset transfer and the characteristics of different pooled fund vehicles including their advantages and disadvantages;
- good understanding of the provisions contained in Investment Manager Agreements and the rationale behind investment restrictions;
- a reasonable understanding of the process for setting an investment strategy and the factors that influence a client's decision;
- a feel for the workings/levels of investment markets and their drivers, plus current industry trends;
- strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships with both internal and external clients;
- anticipates potential problems and is proactive and creative in identifying solutions.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.