Aon is looking for a Broking Unit Leader
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Risk, in Toronto, Ontario. As a Broking Unit Leader you will report directly to the Director of the Toronto Strategic Broking Centre.
Your impact as a Broking Unit Leader
- As the Unit Leader you will assist with the development and support of the Unit team members.
- You will conduct unit meetings, arrange market meetings, conduct performance reviews and support the Toronto Strategic Broking Centre Director as a member of the leadership team.
- You will act as a key resource in the branch regarding insurance placement support for clients and Account Executives.
- As a key member on the team you will also help define and deliver engagement strategies for the Toronto Strategic Broking Centre.
- A strong wordings background and experience with large accounts are key.
- Analyzes client specific risk exposure and details coverage requirements. Prepares and presents marketing proposals for renewals and new business.
- Negotiates with underwriters to establish best terms and conditions with respect to premiums and coverage.
- Continually works to develop expertise through networking, technical training and client discussions.
- Follows up with insurer to confirm terms of negotiated contract are met.
- Approves documentation for new contracts, policy changes, additions, deletions and renewals.
- Establishes contacts and cultivates relationships within the underwriting community in an effort to achieve the best rates and coverage for Aon clients.
- Collaborates with Account Executives to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business.
- Reviews and approves applicable insurance documentation prepared by support teams.
- Perform other related duties as required.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 14+ years or more experience in commercial Insurance role as a broker or underwriter
- Experience handling large international placements
- Leading or managing teams experience
- RIBO license
- Exposure to various coverages including casualty an asset
- College or University degree required
- CRM, CIP, or CAIB insurance designations preferred
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.