Aon is looking for a Web Application Architect/Developer
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting risk/reinsurance, in Bloomington, MN.
Your impact as a Web Application Architect/Developer
This role is principally responsible for the development and delivery of GRiDS applications to the user base. Responsible for designing architecturally sound solutions, delivering detailed technical design, development planning and implementation of new features for globally used applications specifically focused on the broking and sales activities of Aon's Reinsurance Solutions business.
- Be an active participant during the "ground-floor" phase of projects to provide appropriate application architecture and assist in making technology choices that ensure project success.
- Play a hands-on role with development teams when applying coding practices to the architectural design ensuring success in delivering a quality product to users.
- Work alongside the Development Team Lead during the development process to ensure project design is being followed, assist in solving issues facing the team.
- Manage and lead the architectural design of new applications as well as new features within existing applications.
- Take guidance from the Reinsurance Architecture Community of Practice regarding the principles set forth around coding principles and other architectural practices to be applied to the Reinsurance business' suite of applications.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of application design and software architecture
- 10+ years of computer application development experience
- 8+ years of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) experience
- 5+ years' experience in web application development
- 5+ years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong time and project management and organization skills
- Demonstrated resilience and maturity in resolving process and project issues
- Continuous Integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) experience
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.