Outsourced to Aon’s client in greater Los Angeles, the Claims Coordinator will provide oversight in the areas of general liability and property claim coordination.
- Oversee third party administrators (TPAs)
- Act as the liaison for Client liability and property claim issues to ensure efficient coordination within the Client and Aon organizations as well as all 3rd party vendors, including TPAs, carriers, and defense firms
- Build relationships within Client Risk Management, retail stores, distribution centers, real estate and construction, and other relevant management and departments to proactively identify and address claim issues
- Build relationships within Aon to ensure all resources and tools are utilized to promote success of the Client's insurance and claim programs
- Assist the Client’s Risk Management with case exposure evaluation and defense position
- Proactive, aggressive oversight of liability and property claims to ensure claims are moving towards a timely, appropriate resolution
- Identify data needed, create action plans, and leverage creative solutions to resolve claims
- Evaluate loss data to identify trends (e.g. frequency, severity, location of claim, type of allegation, size of claim, time open, type of loss, repeat offenders) and initiating solutions to improve trends
- Analyze and produce periodic statistical reports summarizing key claims metrics. Use data to perform various ad hoc analyses and projects
- Attend hearings, mediations, arbitrations, court proceedings, conferences, presentations and other such meetings as requested
- Monitor and support litigation and subrogation activity
- Collect available information on selected exposures, including payroll, vehicles, drivers, sales, property values, property construction and occupancy, business interruption calculations, shipment values and destinations, hull values, etc., and create a standardized process for retention of information
- Present key issues to the Client Risk Management for evaluation and decision such as settlement authorizations, significant change in claim strategy and potential exposure
- Adjust claims to internally resolve as many as possible and minimize utilization of the casualty TPA
- Identify and analyze concerns or issues with vendor services and internal processes
- Review 3 party invoices for accuracy and Client approval
- Meet with appropriate parties to review open claims on a routine basis; coordinate and attend quarterly files reviews with TPAs
- Review reserving practices of carriers
- Develop, implement and apply effective processes to manage workflows. Monitor results of internal processes and external services for continuous improvement
- Assist in the tracking of Certificates of Insurance and Product Guarantees required of vendors, suppliers, contractors, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience working with Claims including General Liability and workers compensation
- College Degree preferred
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.