Sox Senior Auditor
Aon are currently recruiting a Sox Senior Auditor to join our team in London. The Sox Senior Auditor will be primarily responsible for participating in the annual SOx programme in Aon UK to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls in both design and application. The SOx Senior Auditor is also responsible for conducting quarterly meetings with FP&A Leads and UK Controllership to gain understanding on control and other financial issues. Finally, the SOx Senior Auditor will assist the control owners to resolve control deficiencies.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Sox Senior Auditor:
- Participate in the annual SOx programme audit, evaluating the adequacy of financial reporting controls with Aon UK. Included in this responsibility are:
- Completing SOx test procedures for control design, effectiveness, roll-forward and remediation;
- Communicating test findings noted to the Financial Controls Manager/ Head of Accounting Control and SOx, working collaboratively with external, internal auditors and with the Global SOx Core Team;
- Assisting the Financial Controls Manager and Head of Accounting Control and SOx in the development of the scope, approach to the current year’s SOx program and discuss results to the Global SOx team;
- Preparing presentation materials for the SOx awareness trainings with external auditors.
- Making, or assisting in making oral and written presentations to both finance and business unit management tailored to audience at various levels and business function regarding SOx internal controls compliance and impact of the SOx deficiencies if remained opened;
- Conduct quarterly meetings with FP&A Leads and UK Controllership to gain understanding on issues that should be disclosed in the SOx 302 questionnaire. Submission of the SOx 302 to the FINCOMP EMEA team on timely manner.
- As required, providing assistance to external auditors during their interim and annual reviews of the company.
- Assist in the evaluation of the overall in-country SOx maturity and work with Global SOx team on how best to achieve best practice.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Qualified accountant or certified internal auditor
- Proven track record withn Audit or Accounting
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management within the company.
- A basic knowledge and understanding of auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles and practices.
- The ability to focus on details and perform all required functions timely and with accuracy.
- Overall proficiency with personal computers, including experience using Microsoft Excel, Visio and Word.
- The ability to learn and develop a competency/understanding of Aon operations.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.