Aon is looking for an Account Specialist II
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Property & Casualty business group within Risk in Boston, MA.
Your impact as an Account Specialist II
Assists Account Executives and/or Hybrid Account Executive/Brokers on assigned accounts, managing key processes that serve clients and undertaking the client-facing and internal activities related to these processes. Account Specialists will also assist Brokers as necessary particularly on Commercial Risk business.
- Maintains effective and productive relationships with clients.
- Serves independently in a client-facing capacity on matters of moderate importance and complexity.
- May act as the Account Executive for assigned non-complex accounts
- May act as placing broker on simple routine placements or renewals.
- When not performed within a broking unit, gathers and analyzes data on exposures, loss history and standard and unique coverage needs for submissions with the Brokerage Unit. Performs submission assembly/creation where assigned.
- Facilitates the timely and accurate flow of information between clients, AE and Broker account team members.
- Manages client open items lists and responds to client ad-hoc requests.
- Gathers and analyzes data and drafts assigned elements of client service plans, stewardship reports and other convincing presentations tailored to the needs of the audience and the circumstances of the presentation.
- Actively supports and monitors the renewal process. At the direction of the Broker, drafts quote comparisons and follows up for binders, policies and endorsements.
- Serves as the primary interface with Aon Client Services (ACS), coordinating activities of the client service team and ACS to ensure that key processes are performed effectively and monitors the quality of client deliverables .
- Receives and manages routine and complex coverage inquiries and endorsement requests. Serves as key client liaison for items such as certificates, auto IDs, location additions, invoices, allocations, premium finance agreements, summaries of insurance, and policy transmittals.
- Ensures operational excellence, including adherence to service management requirements (e.g., Transparency & Disclosure, Aon Compliance requirements, Client Promise Methodology). Monitors and follows-up on invoice generation, fee agreements, AVX input, GRIP and GAMS data, receivables and collections. Addresses and resolves problems.
- May provide guidance and mentoring to a less senior account specialist. Delegates work to support staff and ACS where applicable.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum three to five years of insurance related experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical abilities required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail.
- Team oriented self-starter with ability to organize, prioritize, monitor and control work flow deadlines and be flexible.
- Technically/detail oriented.
- Be energetic/have a proven sense of urgency.
- Minimum five years of administrative/backend support office skill experience preferred.
- Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint – intermediate to expert user level preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.