Aon Looking for an Underwriting Professional
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Bankers Insurance Service business group within Aon Affinity in our Chicago, Illinois office underwriting Financial Institutions, Mortgage Bankers and Brokers for specialized insurance products underwriting on behalf of Lloyds, London.
Who is Bankers Insurance Services:
Bankers Insurance Service (BIS) is a leading general underwriter that provides insurance coverage for residential and commercial mortgage lenders. Our products include fidelity bond, E&O, Professional Liability, Mortgage Impairment, D&O, Privacy/Cyber Liability, and Surety coverages tailored to mortgage lenders and other financial institutions. We are committed to continually review and develop niche products within our established specialty book of business and offer a full range of insurance products specifically designed to meet the needs of the mortgage banking industry.
Your Impact as an Underwriting Professional
Within stipulated underwriting authority limits, this position is accountable for reviewing and evaluating applications for insurance coverage to classify the degree of insurable risk and determine appropriate premium amounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and evaluate insurance applications and related documents, including financial statements, loss data, and other information needed to properly evaluate and classify the degree of risk in relation to proposed coverage limits.
- Obtain all relevant information not included with the initial submission to ensure a thorough evaluation of the risk.
- Review and evaluate renewal business and recommend appropriate actions to attain premium rate and loss ratio objectives.
- Prepare and review quotations to ensure accuracy prior to presentation to potential clients.
- Approve the coverage’s requested within specified underwriting authority, either as submitted or on a modified basis, or decline the risk in its entirely; refer with recommended action if risk exceeds underwriting authority.
- Review policy forms used in specific programs to ensure consistency.
- Developing and Managing a book of business with goals for production, net revenue, rate increase, loss ratio and underwriting audit results.
- Complete a variety of underwriting projects at the direction of management.
- Occasional travel
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent 5 years of insurance experience
- Experience with MS Office suite products
- Mortgage Lending Industry or Financial Institution Industry helpful
- P&C and Surplus Lines Licenses - will be required to obtain within six months of hire date
- Bachelor’s degree preferred A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.