Aon are currently recruiting a Tax Broker to join our Transaction Solutions team which is part of the Global Broking Centre in London.
The Tax Broker will be primarily responsible for working closely with the senior tax insurance broker to execute specific tax risk placements for clients, and to develop relationships with clients/prospects and the insurance carriers.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and a global leader in human capital and management consulting. Our key advantage is our broad view of the insurance industry. With an employee base of 66,000 people working in 500 offices in more than 120 countries, we can anticipate how changes in one sector affect another.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Global Broking Centre - London
The Global Broking Centre in London is an integral part of Aon’s global broking strategy. The GBC provides colleagues from across the Aon network with access to specialist brokers and client managers, dedicated client solutions and thought leadership, and significant global insurance capacity.
The GBC works with network colleagues to deliver market-leading solutions to Aon clients, creating a competitive advantage in our placement strategies worldwide.
About the Role
As a Tax Broker some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Coordinating and contributing to the marketing and negotiating of business within the Lloyd’s and Company Markets on a day to day basis in accordance with Marketing Strategy.
- Acting as the lead day to day contact supervised by Senior Broker on TLU transactions to ensure client needs and expectations are met.
- Leading, developing and improving the day to day client relationship and client experience.
- Maintaining and improving client satisfaction, retention, revenue and profitability.
Core functional activity:
- File maintenance.
- Effectively manage initial engagement to client/network.
- Coordinating and managing more junior team members in the execution of Non-Disclosure and Hold Harmless.
- Reviewing transaction documents and creating a detailed and accurate submission.
- Presenting terms to client / network
- Sending Cover confirmation to client/network
- Reviewing and negotiating draft policy / final MRC.
- Firming Order broking (Ebix / wet stamps / email)
- Follow and excess market broking.
- Recording broking activity in market sheets
- Completing quote/firm order information in Brokasure including finalise MRC.
- Providing invoicing instructions
- Secondary functional activity:
- Providing benchmarking and placement advice to clients
- Client relationship management (direct clients and/or network).
- Client meetings
- Scanning / indexing final agreed slip.
Occasional (optional) functional activity:
- Establishing and managing pipeline
- Producing and/or delivering tenders.
- Market relationship management
- Defining marketing strategy (specific to placement)
- SPS design / placement
- Issuing invoice to client
- Responding to A/c queries
- Creating BID documentation if required.
- Creating bespoke wordings / clauses (per client).
- Developing best in class product wordings (for SPS/product etc)
- File Reviews / Technical Reviews / Peer Reviews.
- Providing technical wording advice to client/network
- Providing technical training / guidance to colleagues
- Coaching and mentoring.
Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Tax Broker your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Experience as a professional advisor on M&A deals and/or tax issues generally (lawyer, accountant, banker or other commercial adviser.
- Ability to interpret and use data effectively
- Understanding of SPA contracts, other transaction documents and M&A processes.
- Experience of advising clients on tax issues, ideally (but not necessarily) in the context of M&A
- Strong analytical expertise, attention to detail and timely response to clients, colleagues and markets
- Willingness to learn more about insurance law and market practice
- Ability to use insurance industry IT systems to efficiently deliver client service
- Experience of managing effective client relationships
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of compliance and FCA regulation
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon