Asset Allocation Analyst
Aon are currently recruiting a Asset Allocation Analyst to join our team in London which advises advisory clients and our delegated business across the world. This role offers excellent global career progression opportunities, along with a diverse client base and the support of a great team around you. The Asset Allocation Analyst will be primarily responsible for researching investment market conditions and asset classes.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
The UK pensions landscape is evolving at a rapid pace. Economic challenges, legislative change, an ageing population and asset volatility pose a wide variety of risks and challenges to pension schemes. Trustees and scheme sponsors are faced with a range of decisions on difficult topics from managing risk to improving member engagement, setting an investment strategy to managing DC plans.
Aon Retirement Solutions’ market-leading capabilities and award-winning expertise make us the perfect partner to help clients through their pension challenges. We can provide integrated and comprehensive solutions across actuarial, plan administration, investment and insurance disciplines, enabling us to serve our clients' unique needs every step of the way.
About the Role
Your impact as a Asset Allocation Analyst:
- Contributing to the team’s market view discussions and research across all global asset classes.
- Running the quarterly deterministic scenario process and co-ordinating with the Risk and Modelling team. Developing new scenarios.
- Assisting with the formulation and update of long-term capital market assumptions.
- Acting as support to senior members of the global asset allocation team on research and data projects.
- Acting as a day-to-day contact from the client team and other specialist teams.
- Responsibility for overseeing offshored report-writing and data sheets.
- Helping to integrate data into research processes.
- Keeping up-to-date with market and economic development.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Educated to degree level or higher (or equivalent). Maths or economics subjects would be preferable
- Have passed CFA level 1 or higher
- Strong numeracy and technical skills
- Familiarity with excel VBA or R coding skills would be an advantage
- Some investment market knowledge and understanding of drivers of all main asset classes would also help
- Analytical or consultancy experience at a fund manager, investment bank or investment consultancy (ideally at least 2 years)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships
- Team player
- Proactive and self-starter
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Consistently acts with the highest integrity and professional standards
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.