Aon are currently recruiting a Risk Manager to join our team in London. The Risk Manager will be primarily responsible for facilitating the business in assessing material risk across the business units and to ensure that appropriate ownership and action is taken where risks are incurred outside of the accepted risk appetite.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Risk Manager:
- Facilitation and challenge of the regular risk assessments for the Division in line with Aon UK Limited’s enterprise risk management framework.
- Supported by the ERM Team where needed, work with the Division(s) and associated Business Unit(s) to facilitate the identification, assessment and management of risks through the consistent application of the risk assessment process, as defined with Aon UK Limited’s enterprise risk management framework.
- Promoting an appropriate risk culture across the division (s) and business unit(s).
- Review and challenge the process within the business unit.
- Coordinating and providing effective, timely and succinct reporting to the Risk & Compliance Relationship Mangers and to the CRO on the risk profile of the Division/business units, including risk appetite and management action.
- Ensuring the internal control process remains high on the agenda of senior and line managers.
- Provide challenge to the business units on the adherence to risk appetite statements and limits, as devolved to the Division / Business Unit(s).
- Production of timely and relevant risk MI for the Division / Business Unit(s).
- Provide support to key projects and/or initiatives to ensure that the appropriate risk materiality assessment is completed and provide challenge to the business to ensure adequate risk management is taking place and that escalation is timely.
- Provide training to the business on risk and control assessment, and for risk escalation and reporting processes.
- Facilitate the escalation processes in accordance with enterprise risk management policy for potential losses, risks and breaches of appetite, the maintenance of a local log, assisting the business in conducting root-cause analysis and monitoring and challenging progress against remedial action plans (including control enhancements).
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the Business Partners Director, the Enterprise Risk and Reporting Manager and the rest of the UK Risk and Compliance team, drawing upon their support when needed and providing information and feedback on the efficacy of the risk framework, process and reporting when requested.
- Liaise with other Compliance and Business Risk Partners and the ERM team to ensure the approach taken within the division is consistent across the group in accordance with Aon UK Limited’s risk moderation, coverage and correlation process. Ensure that any identified actions for the Division / Business Unit(s) have been communicated and accepted.
- Facilitate completion of, and challenge the outputs of periodical use tests, where appropriate to demonstrate that risk management practices are widely used across the Division and play an important role in business decisions.
- Support the business unit management with the application of the policy framework across the Division or business unit.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Significant experience working in a Risk Advisory capacity within a matrix organisation
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Personal credibility and obvious gravitas.
- Desire to analyse business issues and risks with a view to improving business performance.
- Excellent risk management experience (where possible. Strong Champions with limited risk management experience can be supported whilst learning these skills).
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.2471612