Aon is looking for a Learning Development Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Learning & Development team based in Chicago, IL.
Focusing on deployment and implementation of Aon’s Leaderships and Client programs across North America, this includes:
- Utilize event management and project management strategies to ensure programs are delivered on time and within budget. Programs include Aon Onboard: New Colleague Event, Leading Aon United, Impact, Accelerate, Advance, Power of Inclusion, Core Client Skills, Mastering Client Interactions, Articulating Aon’s Values, Negotiating with Clients, MCI for Shared Services and Aon United Day for Colleagues
- Supporting the delivery of global programmes by virtually and in-person delivery
- Collaborating with colleagues throughout Talent Management to provide a seamless delivery and an impactful development experience.
- Supporting the design, development, implementation and evaluation of global and regional talent initiatives to enhance leadership development within North America and support a global approach to talent development.
- Streamlining global processes including tracking program data, cancellation policies, nominations, manager/participant communications, chargebacks and Leaders as Teachers
- Facilitating sessions, coach Talent Management colleagues or prepare business speakers/facilitators to provide best in class programs with an Aon United approach
- Supporting the Early Career Development Manager to successful delivery early career programs across North America
- Utilizing your project management skills to support wider Learning and Development projects to support our learning strategy
Building strong relationships across Learning & Development, Talent Management and key business stakeholders.
- Work effectively with key stakeholders to identify and adopt best practice development solutions that ensure a global approach to development
- Consult with the solution line talent teams on one-off requests for solution line specific programs, such as MCI for Finance, or an Executive level POI session.
- Be an advocate for the myLearning site, ensure that other colleagues are aware of how best to use the updated system.
- Contribute to global Talent projects and provide support in implementing global programmes/initiatives
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience
- Strong learning and development background, ideally within financial or professional services
- Proven track record at managing an effective team and engage colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication at all levels within the organisation
- Demonstrated capacity to manage multiple projects within a busy, dynamic team environment
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude with the ability to be flexible and multi-task and deliver initiatives within a short timescale
- Demonstrated ability to work across different cultures to support and influence regional development activity
- Proven ability to consult with and influence key stakeholders up to and including the executive leadership team
- Good business management, commercial and financial acumen
- Must be comfortable facilitating/presenting both virtually and in person and working with a mixed audience up to and including senior management
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, professional, approachable and flexible
- Spanish speaker preferable but not essential, with experience of working within the LATAM culture
We offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.