Business Development Analyst
Aon is looking for a Business Development Analyst (BDA) to support our retail sales business. The Aon Commercial Risk and Health Business Development Analyst will work with U.S. Retail Sales and Marketing to operationalize a growth strategy and measure new business activities in U.S. Retail office(s). The BDA will report directly to the U.S. Retail Resident Sales Directors (“RSD”) as designated. The directive of the BDA is to operationalize a process and drive a strategy that contributes to measurable growth within U.S. Retail. The position will be located in St. Louis, MO or Kansas City, MO.
Responsibilities of the Role
- New Business Implementation & Support
- Work with the Resident Sales Director and National Sales organization to identify the appropriate new business initiatives to activate in the local office, primarily with the Producers and Account Executives (Sales Team). This will encompass a review of Local Market Planning data, Heat Map Data which will lead to selected industry verticals, product specialty offerings, and or market segment strategies enacted by the local office (the “New Business Plays”);
- Participate in meetings with the Sales Team to develop prospect identification and client penetration strategies;
- Provide strategic guidance and operational support to local leadership in the adoption and implementation of U.S. Retail Sales strategy; to include (not limited to) strategic valuation, collateral and implementation timeline;
- Provide strategic guidance and operational support to U.S. Retail Marketing to ensure all leads obtained through marketing activities are assigned. Follow up on assigned leads to determine opportunity status.
- At the direction of the Sales Team, research prospects and clients, using analyst reports, SEC reports, Yahoo! Finance, and related sources of information, to identify prospect- and client-specific risk profile information.
- Identify with the Sales Team ideal prospects and clients for marketing campaigns; working cooperatively with Marketing assets to populate Aon Connect system (Sales Automation/Customer Relationship Management system);
- Work collaboratively with local leadership to develop and distribute market opportunity analytics that align with new business priorities and opportunities.
- New Business Tracking & Measuring
- Prepare revenue and pipeline composition analytics for office sales meeting and monthly forecast calls;
- Develop and maintain pipeline composition reporting functionalities that reflect forecasted and ultimately recognized sales revenue, working closely with U.S. Retail Finance to maintain accurate revenue pipelines to reconcile opportunity valuation
- Work collaboratively with U.S. Marketing colleagues to review marketing campaign effectiveness reports and recommend actions locally that will improve effectiveness;
- Ensure the Office and Individual Sales Plan, including quarterly producer effectiveness reporting is completed on time and accurate;
- Provide operational assistance and strategic analysis to Sales Team and Aon Presentation Excellence team (“APEx”) for prospect and client presentations
- Provide strategic and operational support to the RSD and RMD by providing input for office sales meetings to include valuation of individual and office performance to goal, office sales and marketing statistics (e.g., Client Promise results, prospecting Activity, wins and losses, deal size, and sales cycle in general and by product and industry, using Aon Connect, the Sales Effectiveness Report), resource identification, and follow-up communication, including any resource documents.
- Aon Connect Management and Administration
- Develop and distribute revenue, client acquisition activity, and benchmark reports (e.g., Local Market Analytics, Heat Map ) that provide regional and local leadership with the supportive analytics need to implement strategic goals;
- Provide strategic guidance and operational support to the Strategic Account Review (“SARs”) and Portfolio Review processes; working closely with Account Executive practice groups to facilitate Account Executive growth meetings ;
- Develop and maintain a prospect management process that provides local leadership with clear guidance in the assignment of prospects for the Sales Team;
- Serve as the office Aon Connect expert for support of Aon Connect users, participate in the Aon Connect support network, Aon Connect training and licensing of new producer and AE hires, and ongoing training of the Sales Team, including training on Client Promise and Jeopardy reporting in Aon Connect as needed;
- Coordinate with Aon Connect leadership on Aon Connect enhancement requests and functional issues.
- Participate in and contribute insight and best practices during monthly BDA team calls;
- Partner with regional marketing leader to support marketing campaigns; schedule monthly calls with Director of Marketing; assist with planning and execution of marketing campaigns and events
- Work with the Sales Team and submit recent wins with through the Success Flash system;
- Review all newly released and historical marketing collateral and all campaign materials to maintain knowledge of Aon products, solutions, services and expertise to serve as the point person within your office for such; work with your Director of Marketing to make sure you have the most up to date information
- Participate in all national sales calls and webinars as ongoing education;
- Utilize all training and tools available to improve your performance in the BDA role, including, but not limited to, Aon University courses, monthly SFDC webinars, reaching out to Industry & Practice groups, as well as external resources to increase your knowledge;
- Attend and participate in presentations to prospects and clients to begin developing sales and account executive skills
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- A minimum of 5+ years of business, analytics, marketing or operations experience, preferably in a sales organization. 2+ years creating and managing detailed marketing programs and budgets, creative problem solving, expedient follow-up, display of leadership skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.Passionate self-starter who can juggle multiple projects, follow-up and exhibit creative problem solving – ultimately delivering projects and assignments on target and on time within a fast-paced environment;
- Strong ability to work closely with various cross functional groups, specifically with the Director of Marketing, Regional/Resident Sales Director, RMD, Producers and AEs in the office, as well as with Industry/Practice Leaders;
- A creative thinker who brings innovative ideas, new perspectives and a wealth of enthusiasm;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and relationship skills;
- Process-oriented person who can provide a clear, complete analysis that support sales efforts, resulting in revenue win for the company;
- Qualifications include Bachelor’s degree in Business or related major, excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PPT, Word, etc.). Familiarity with sales and marketing systems such as Salesforce and Eloqua are helpful.
- Passionate self-starter who can juggle multiple projects -- delivering marketing materials on target and on time within a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years of research experience or related formal training.
(leadership skills, initiative, planning, decision making, problem solving)
- Acquires and maintains detailed understanding of internal clients’ business goals, operations, and performance;
- Applies specialized business skills and knowledge to interpret issues and problems as the basis for recommending change;
- Assists internal clients in thinking through issues and problems, and facilitating their involvement in arriving at solutions or improvement strategies.
- Facilitates teamwork by contributing actively to team needs and tasks;
- Shares information openly and actively with other team members;
- Assists in keeping the team focused on its primary performance goals and activities;
- Works effectively with the region leader, resident sales director, and the sales operations managers in each office, as well as a peer on the national marketing team;
- Works independently, ready to take responsibility, and sees tasks through to completion.
- Assures that the reason for change, as well as its benefits, are clearly understood;
- Applies interpersonal and communication skills proactively to change situations;
- Analyses and evaluates data and situations, crafts recommendations, and presents it accordingly.
- Defines clear project objectives and role definitions for project team members;
- Maintains an active level of two-way communication with both the external and internal project clients.
- Demonstrates a high level of consistency between words and actions across all business situations;
- Acts promptly and proactively to protect Aon’s reputation, interest, and assets.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.