Aon Is Looking for a Broker
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Cyber Solutions insurance brokerage team at Aon.
Your impact as a Broker within Aon Cyber Solutions (ACS) will directly be tied to you meeting or exceeding these expectations:
- Be responsive
- Be proactive
- Efficiently manage tasks assigned to you to ensure that they are completed by the deadline
- Demonstrate your ability to present professionally in all elements of client facing (internal and external) including technical writing and verbal presentations
- Manage the solicitation and servicing of clients and prospects throughout the full insurance brokerage deal flow process with support from senior staff
- Be effective in assisting with client preparation work (e.g., creating presentations, proposals, etc.) and ensure all client work is accurate and professional
- Be proficient on internal Aon/ACS policies, procedures and documents
- Demonstrate competence in comparison and analysis of insurance policies and determination of needed enhancements by market
- Be able to articulate the value proposition of Aon and Cyber Solutions
Job responsibilities are:
- Develop an understanding of Cyber / E&O insurance marketplace and our team’s products and services
- Own all aspects of client service for your assigned book of business and new business opportunities with oversight from senior staff members if needed:
- Save all quotes, binders, policies and other client related material to the share drive with the proper naming conventions provided
- Send renewal application and information request to client in advance of renewal, as determined by the placement strategy for that client
- Compile Renewal Strategy document inclusive of prior year’s renewal highlights, program overview, benchmarking and analytics, current market update, program diagnostic, renewal timeline and ensure it is tailored to the specifics of that client’s industry and exposure
- Gather renewal submission materials from client, consolidate, re-format that information if necessary and provide submission to markets with the oversight as needed by senior staff
- Solicit underwriters for underwriting questions and compile questions into a client-friendly, presentable format
- Effectively manage the underwriting meeting invitation, agenda and logistics
- Ensure Non-Disclosure Agreements are up to date and executed according to the client’s preference
- Secure primary and excess quotes from underwriters
- Review excess forms and seek coverage enhancements; secure use of Aon’s Preferred Follow form policy by insurers where possible
- Diligently check quotes, binders and policies and seek corrections from underwriters; primary quote(s) should be reviewed with senior staff member
- Ensure the Quote Disclosure Report (QDR) is accurate – all quotes, indications, and declinations should be included
- Compile Renewal Proposal document inclusive of the QDR and include renewal highlights, expiring program, proposed program, program changes, and any coverage enhancements
- Submit bind order to market and secure all binders; ensure all binders are finalized and accurate, with no subjectivities and no binder expiration period, where possible
- Submit ACT Worksheet for invoicing upon receipt of all binders
- Secure and review all policies within 60 days of binding; senior staff member should review any primary policies that are manuscript or have manuscript endorsement
- Provide broking status and continuous support and service to clients during entire broking process and entire period of engagement by client (this is a continuous process)
- Demonstrate understanding of our M&A diligence process and provide diligence reports and benchmarking within the requested time frame to Aon’s M&A deal teams when assigned a project
- Work in an Aon United fashion to cross-sell Cyber Solutions products and services
- Utilize the claims and legal advocacy group for claim administration and counsel as per established protocols
- Utilize effective relationships with underwriters
- Proactively develop and execute on a pipeline strategy for new business
- Drive utilization of all available technology throughout broking process and client service process
- Replicate effective products/solutions and develop broking opportunities
- Understand the causes of E&O and avoid and adopt practices to reduce exposure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Active P&C License or willingness to obtain one upon hire
- Bachelor’s degree
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.