Aon is looking for a Commercial Insurance Broker
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of private and nonprofit management liability insurance marketplace, products and services, developing productive business relationships with key insurance underwriters
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with appropriate external client contacts and other internal Aon clients
- Provide effective responses on a timely basis. Do so in consultation with a senior team member where appropriate
- Facilitate the compilation of submission information in conjunction with appropriate external client contacts and internal Aon clients
- Provide broking status and continuous support and service to clients during entire broking process and entire period of engagement by client (this is a continuous process)
- Learn and understand all elements of client presentations and develop skill set in development of basic presentations / presentation sections including technical writing. Develop verbal presentation skills.
- Develop and utilize effective negotiation skills
- Responsible for all aspects of client service for assigned book of business including, billing, policy collection, review and transmittal in accordance with established departmental service standards
- Establish basic understanding of claims administration process and utilize the claims and legal advocacy group for claim administration and counsel as per established protocols and as directed by senior team members
- Drive utilization of all available technology throughout broking process and client service process
- Understand the causes of E&O and avoid and adopt practices to reduce exposure
- Adhere to all best practices
- Replicate effective products/solutions and develop broking opportunities
- Retain and grow assigned clients/prospects
- Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and ethical behavior in all activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Minimum of 5 year of Property and Casualty insurance experience
- Active Property & Casualty insurance license is preferred or must have the willingness to obtain one upon one month of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.