Aon is looking for a National Practice Leader, Public Entity Space
Experienced Public Entity executive recognized as a visionary with established relationships in the industry and a proven track record of leading a dynamic team.
Your impact as a National Practice Leader, Public Entity
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting the Public Entity Practice. The role can be located out of any of our Aon offices.
Financial Management and New Business Development
- Achieve revenue growth in industry segment as per budget by 12.31.20. Measured using all US CRH revenue (Renewal and New), by industry SIC code
- Develop, plan and execute industry specific sales strategies/plays in combination with US and office Sales Leaders, and Marketing Leadership, to achieve minimum 15% increase in New Business. Achieve assigned New Business budget by 12/31/2020
- Develop meaningful relationships with 5-10 clients in your industry vertical. Be viewed as the Strategic Account Manager or Enterprise Client Network representative for these customers
- Develop a leveraged network of Aon colleagues within each region to support your national efforts and communicate with them frequently
- Participate in Delivering Aon United Discovery sessions for targeted accounts within your industry (informed by the offices and key accounts/prospects in your business plan)
- Be a leader in Delivering Aon United. Identify industry top 10 risk issues and provide solutions across all Aon Solution Lines. Work collaboratively with other leaders within Aon to collaborate on cross-practice sales
- Represent the Public Entity practice in strategic business initiatives and innovative solutions
- Create persuasive thought leadership content that aligns with Aon’s Growth and Editorial Strategy and contribute to virtual practice content creation
- Complete value proposition content, specifically Aon Answer Series for your assigned industry, Partner with marketing to update Aon Avenue industry pages
- Update RFP industry content with PaC
- Participate in industry conference/panel(s) as appropriate
- Develop in combination with Broking and Strategy Practices, Product solutions, New services and consulting solutions that address the industry top 10 risk issues for risk and Health
- Share insight aggregated nationally with your industry network to leverage scale and solutions
- Simplify Aon United solutions for your network by identifying impactful solutions within each Solution Line
- Is viewed in local market and/or internally as a known “brand” – is sought out by clients, prospects and colleagues for advice
- Makes significant contributions to a high-profile initiative which has significantly shaped or impacted the business
- Recruits, retains and engages a high performing diverse team
- Fosters a culture of teamwork and diversity
- Acts as a trusted advisor to internal and external clients and colleagues
- Identifies development opportunities for direct reports to make the team better and improve the client experiences
- Works on significant and unique issues requiring proficiency in a complex area requiring a broad grasp of practices or principles in a highly specialized field or in cross-functional settings
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
- Develops and implements annual operating plans, consistent with objectives set at next higher organizational level
- Develops and maintains valuable client and resource relationships
- May serve as an expert adviser to Aon or clients on matters of importance to the success of their business
- Recognized internally and externally as an executive leader in the public entity industry
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred and post graduate degree or comparable business experience
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.