Aon is looking for an Account Specialist II in the Large Market Segment
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting a team of Risk Account Executives, in New York, NY.
Your impact as an Account Specialist II
- Maintains effective and productive relationships with clients. Serves independently in a client-facing capacity on matters of moderate importance and complexity. May act as the Account Executive for assigned non-complex accounts.
- When not performed within a broking unit, gathers and analyzes data on exposures, loss history and standard and unique coverage needs for submissions with the Brokerage Unit. Performs submission assembly/creation where assigned. Facilitates the timely and accurate flow of information between clients, AE and Broker account team members.
- Manages client open items lists and responds to client ad-hoc requests.
- Gathers and analyzes data and drafts assigned elements of client service plans, stewardship reports and other convincing presentations tailored to the needs of the audience and the circumstances of the presentation.
- Actively supports and monitors the renewal process. At the direction of AE, may assist broker in drafting quote comparisons and follows up for binders, policies and endorsements.
- Where applicable, serves as the primary interface with Aon Client Services (ACS), coordinating activities of the client service team and ACS to ensure that key processes assigned are performed effectively and quality of client deliverables.
- Primary interface with PASC on client administration matters.
- Receives and manages routine and complex coverage inquiries and endorsement requests. Serves as key client liaison for items such as certificates, auto IDs, location additions, invoices, WC posting notices, allocations, premium finance agreements, summaries of insurance, and policy transmittals.
- Understands and works in alignment with the Aon Leadership Model and its pillars of Client Value, Unmatched Teams, Innovation, Results and Values.
- Ensures operational excellence, including adherence to service management requirements (e.g., Transparency & Disclosure, Aon Compliance requirements, Client Promise Methodology). Monitors and follows-up on invoice generation, fee agreements, AVX input, GRIP and GAMS data, receivables and collections. Addresses and resolves problems.
- May provide guidance and mentoring to a less senior account specialist. Delegates work to support staff and ACS where applicable
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- At least 2-4 years of experience within the insurance industry
- Active Brokerage license is required within the first 90 days of employment
- High level of proficiency in PC office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Evidence of ability to become proficient in the use of Aon specific software tools
- ARM designation desired
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent years of experience, with Risk Management / Business related curriculum preferred
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.