Technical DUA Manager
Aon are currently recruiting a Technical DUA Manager to join our team in Chelmsford. The Technical Manager will be primarily responsible for:
- Managing AUMs internal contract templates, keeping them up to date with market changes and liaising with the legal team to ensure they continue to meet broader Aon requirements;
- Managing and maintaining the product governance and oversight processes and approach, in collaboration with the broader Aon product oversight committee groups.
The DUA Manager supports the business to ensure that both the Retail and International SPS teams have consistency in their approach to product governance and contract production.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon Underwriting Managers
AUM undertakes underwriting and claims handling services on behalf of insurers and delivers expertise in specific product ranges or trade sectors. AUM focuses on commercial insurance products across Accident and Health, Property and Casualty, Financial Lines and Marine sectors. AUM fulfils many of the roles of an insurance company - underwrites (evaluates the risks and exposures of potential clients against the insurance covers), prices (determines the premium that is charged to ensure that risk), issues policies, mid-term adjustments and renewals and on some facilities, manages the claims handling and settlement.
AUM has an in-depth understanding of the diverse range of solutions that we offer, and our insurance products are specially designed and unique to Aon.
About the Role
Your impact as a Technical DUA Manager:
- Effective management of a suite of contract templates across Lloyds and company markets
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships within Aon technical teams, and external London market committees to stay up to date on industry and market changes
- Ensure that appropriate governance is in place for all ongoing projects and that all SPSs are developed and operated in a TCF compliant manner, whilst managing potential conflicts of interest.
- Effective liaison with key internal business partners: Product Governance, Key Broking/Business Unit Stakeholders, Law, Risk, Compliance, Binder Management and the AUM Management Teams.
- Collaborate with business partners and product governance colleagues to ensure that our product governance and oversight process is fit for purpose and being applied and used correctly
- Manage FDO queries in conjunction with the broking divisions
- Representing the SPS Team on the AUM Enterprise Risk Management Committee ERM
- Support the International Programme Manager with any other ad-hoc requests as required.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Experience in managing DUAs in a London Market DUA team;
- Insurance market experience with a recognised insurer, broker or MGA in a project or change capacity;
- Able to establish and maintain relationships internally and externally;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Team player;
- Excellent written and oral communication, including report writing and presentations;
- Building Business Relationships - Proactively developing and maintaining effective internal and external relationships to facilitate the achievement of work goals; establishing a connection and affinity with others easily and quickly; demonstrating interpersonal sensitivity.
- Influencing - Convincing others; gaining acceptance of ideas by using appropriate interpersonal styles.
- Analysis - Gathering relevant information and identifying key issues; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause and effect relationships
- Results Focus - Works through each aspect of a task or project; overcoming obstacles; driving a task or project through to completion.
- Commercial Awareness - Demonstrating business sense, possessing and using knowledge of the organisation and external market to identify potential risks, problems and opportunities.
- Live our Values - Act with integrity always and work every day in a way that positively impacts our clients, colleagues and communities.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.