SM&CR Business Partner
Aon are currently recruiting a SM&CR Business Partner to join our team in London. The SM&CR Business Partner will be primarily responsible for:
- supporting the Aon UK regulated business to adhere to the SM&CR regulations by assisting with the operation of SM&CR controls and procedures;
- providing oversight and assurance for Aon UK SM&CR Operating Models to support continual compliance with the regulations;
- interfacing with managers and management teams to ensure there is sound knowledge and application of SM&CR within all relevant aspects of the business.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a SM&CR Business Partner:
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance of Aon UK’s Senior Manager and Certified populations (including overseas staff as appropriate)
- Ensure that SM&CR control points are correctly adhered to e.g. ensure role profile & SoRs are fit for purpose and that SoRs / MRMs achieve full entity coverage.
- Manage Aon UK’s annual Fitness & Propriety (F&P) activity for Senior Manager and Certified Populations
- Support HR in the determination of the F&P implications of disciplinary actions against Certified function holders
- Identify and escalate any current or emerging trends / risks / issues resulting from SM&CR activity and associated MI
- Work as part of the SM&CR team to maintain and review procedures for Aon UK’s SM&CR processes and procedures as required
- Act as point of contact for Senior Manager and Certified Population SM&CR related queries across Aon UK
- Produce regular SM&CR dashboard reporting for Aon UK board and governance committees
- Provide communications, training and education on SM&CR across Aon UK
- Build and maintain an effective relationship with Senior Manager and Certified Populations, shared services and line management community to ensure compliant operation of SM&CR.
- Become a ‘trusted advisor’ on SM&CR across Aon UK
- Act as an ambassador for the SM&CR team.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Extensive knowledge of SM&CR regulation and implementation in businesses;
- Good understanding of all Aon businesses and organisation structure;
- Sound experience in Business Partnering;
- Experience of administration of business systems and applications;
- Dynamic and proactive bringing energy and enthusiasm to the role;
- Confidence and credibility to face off to the organisation’s most senior management and directors;
- Ability to influence decision making at a management level;
- Ability to analyse situations, data and documents and provide opinions and recommendations;
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Comfortable providing face to face communication, education and training;
- Ability to encourage action in a diplomatic fashion;
- Team player.
- Degree level or equivalent
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.