2020-35960 - Claims Management Executive (Glasgow, UK)
Aon are currently recruiting a Claims Management Executive to join our team in Glasgow.
Within this role, your mission is to advise and support clients on any claims related issue, maximising any insurance claims recovery, minimising delays and ensuring the strength and depth of Aon’s resources and relationships are available to benefit the client. There is emphasis on relationship management, renewal of existing and generation of new accounts and maximising revenue.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
The FCA’s Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) applies to Aon from December 2019 and this role is subject to the relevant requirements of the Regime. The primary aim of SM&CR is to drive individual accountability for all roles within the Financial Services Sector. Aon must ensure those in senior roles, with the potential to cause significant harm to customers and the business of the firm, are deemed to be fit and proper at all times and also to ensure everyone working in the sector adheres to a set of Conduct Rules and are held to account where they do not meet the right standards of behaviour
About the role
Your impact as a Claims Management Executive:
- Validating Sales promises if made independently of the Claims team
- Articulating the Claims team’s proposition and available services, ensuring that the claims service provided is suitable for the client’s needs.
- Involvement in pricing discussions for existing clients and new business presentations
- Understanding and agreeing what claims services and capabilities the client will require
- Agreeing and setting up of claims reporting and handling procedures with client, insurer and Aon Claims Centres.
- Providing meaningful insight on insurer’s willingness to pay claims
- Documenting services purchased by way of Scope of Service Agreements
- Ensuring that claims procedure guides are issued to clients to cover all classes of claims being handled
- Considering the use of TPA’s and seek to utilise the Aon Procurement Model
- Organising and attending claims review meetings with insurers and internal IDM meetings
- Challenging reserves, identify claims patterns and issue reports
- Presentation of claims reports to clients
- First line approach on negotiation with insurers and loss adjusters on any disputed or contentious claim including indemnity reservation of rights issues
- Seeking interim payments with insurers and loss adjusters where appropriate
- Providing relevant updates on any legal, case law and market changes
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Experience of dealing with Insurance Claims
- Relationship management skills
- Presentation skills
- Studying for CII or equivalent or other relevant work-based experience
- Entrepreneurial attitude with proven problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Insurer markets, insurance programmes and global placements
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application2020-35960