Technical Systems Analyst
Aon are currently recruiting a Technical Systems Analyst to join our team in London. The Technical Systems Analyst will be primarily responsible for focusing on the successful operation of business systems, concentrating on configuration and administration of the system.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
AUM undertakes underwriting and claims handling services on behalf of insurers and delivers expertise in specific product ranges or trade sectors. AUM focuses on commercial insurance products across Accident and Health, Property and Casualty, Financial Lines and Marine sectors. AUM fulfils many of the roles of an insurance company - underwrites (evaluates the risks and exposures of potential clients against the insurance covers), prices (determines the premium that is charged to insure that risk), issues policies, mid-term adjustments and renewals and on some facilities, manages the claims handling and settlement.
AUM has an in-depth understanding of the diverse range of solutions that we offer and our insurance products are specially designed and unique to Aon.
About the Role
Your impact as a Technical Systems Analyst:
- The Technical Systems Analyst works with business colleagues and any outsourced third parties to define, implement, configure, support and enhance internal and external systems.
- The Technical Systems Analyst designs, documents and implements system configuration and functionality enhancements to aid the delivery of high quality operational service to AUM and its customers.
- The Technical Systems Analyst delivers continued operation of AUM’s business applications on behalf of the operations department.
- The Technical Systems Analyst provides first line support to users of AUM’s business applications, working closely with suppliers of those business applications.
- The Technical Systems Analyst ensures acceptance testing protocols are adhered to.
- The Business Analyst ensures the fulfilment of operational items post product launch and supports ongoing process improvements and system developments. This will include supporting the renewals, regulatory changes and business expansions where adjustments are required to product set up.
- Review existing system usage and processes to identify and implement improvements.
- Administration of reference data and contact management.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Some exposure to technical tools, such as SQL Server Management Studio, document templates, XML data format.
- Analysis skills and ability to problem solve through logical thinking.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to guide and influence stakeholders.
- Knowledge of London market and associated practices beneficial.
- Ideally have experience in VBA.
- Ideally have experience in XuberMGA or Xuber for Insurers.
- Technical Skills – Proven record in use of technical skills to manage and deliver technology to meet business objectives.
- Delivery focused – Ability to identify and pursue the successful completion of key project inputs and outputs simultaneously ensuring quality and timeliness.
- Time manager – Able to work across numerous projects simultaneously, prioritising key actions to achieve successful delivery of project outputs.
- Influencing – Convincing others; gaining acceptance of ideas and solutions by using appropriate interpersonal styles.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.2472042