Aon is currently recruiting a Senior Manager - Internal Audit to join our team in Hong Kong.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
At Aon, you’ll be part of a team which will support and inspire you and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It’s an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we’ll empower results.
- Managing and overseeing the completion of audit projects (e.g., core assurance audits, Sarbanes Oxley 302 & 404 compliance activities, special investigations, ad-hoc projects, etc.) within assigned region/responsibility and ensures support provided by other audit teams is coordinated and covers the appropriate risk
- Assisting the Internal Audit Directors in assessing key business risks and controls and in developing risk based audit plans, which are responsive to audit priorities and emerging risk activities
- Evaluating the adequacy of the internal control environment within select company business operations. Communicating audit findings and recommendations to improve the overall effectiveness of the company’s internal controls to business unit management. The Audit Senior Manager is also primarily responsible for the overall assessment of audit findings and positioning of audit reports and other communications related to the condition/adequacy of the company’s control environment
- Providing leadership and guidance to managers and staff, fostering an environment that encourages participation, teamwork and communication. Providing the necessary supervision, coaching and training as well as regular performance feedback
- Providing a first or second level review and approval of work paper documentation to ensure the retained documentation supports the audit work performed and satisfies audit objectives
- Managing and overseeing the status of management corrective action plans to ensure that significant process and control issues have been remediated and updating key stakeholders and senior leadership. The Audit Senior Manager is also responsible for providing insights to the updating of the various management reports sent to executive management and the Audit Committee regarding the status of open control matters
- As required, building relationships with the external auditors throughout their interim and annual reviews of the company
- As assigned, assisting the Internal Audit leadership team on department/corporate-wide initiatives and ad-hoc special projects, as well as supporting other audit offices
- Developing a strong knowledge base and level of expertise in the operations of assigned lines of business or functional areas
- As a global resource, participating in audit assignments as required in any location
- Degree holder in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines with recognized accounting or auditing professional qualifications (e.g. CPA/ Chartered Accountant/ Certified Internal Auditor) preferred
- Minimum 10 years audit experience gained from Big Four and/ or multi-national corporations, financial institutions, including 4-6 years of audit manager experience.
- Experience in the insurance brokerage, the reinsurance and the consulting industry preferred
- Excellent knowledge of internal auditing standards and techniques as well as accounting methods, principles and practices
- Proven supervisory and leadership skills in being flexible, creative, team-oriented and results-driven.
How to Apply
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position.
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.