Aon is currently recruiting a Director, Transaction Liability Insurance, to join our team in Hong Kong.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
At Aon, you’ll be part of a team which will support and inspire you and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It’s an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we’ll empower results.
- Fantastic career opportunity in cutting edge industry with immense growth potential
- Significant role in growing profit centre
- Attractive salary package and company benefits
- Autonomy and decision making power in deciding direction of business growth
Aon is Asia’s leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing. Aon’s Transaction Liability (TL) Insurance team provides bespoke insurance solutions (namely Warranty & Indemnity Insurance) that give financial security to buyers and sellers in M&A transactions by transferring potential future liabilities to the insurance market.
Forming a critical part of Aon’s regional specialty team and supporting the Head of Transactional Liability Insurance, Asia, you will be assisting in originating, managing and executing TL opportunities. This is achieved through engaging the internal Aon client service teams and external distribution channels (lawyers, investment banks, fund managers, accounting firms and private equity firms) to develop relationships and deliver TL solutions to clients and prospects.
You will be responsible for:
At the outset, assisting the Head of Transaction Liability Insurance, Asia, in the following:
- Lead, advise and deliver TL solutions (primarily Warranty & Indemnity insurance) on M&A transactions (whether Asian-based or offshore)
- Negotiate with insurers while explaining TL solutions to other M&A practitioners
- Lead the entire process of placing a W&I insurance solution on any M&A transaction
- Grow and develop the TL business across Asia, with focus on North Asia
To be successful in this role you should ideally:
- Possess corporate M&A experience from leading law firms or investment banking or accounting firms with knowledge and understanding of how M&A deals are conducted, preferably with knowledge of how W&I insurance is placed
- Have strong legal drafting skills
- Have strong people skills with the ability to work with others under pressure and to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Will need to possess superior communication skills, both orally and in writing, and ability to effectively and confidently present to clients and other audiences
- Have strong Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Can be based in Singapore or Hong Kong and be open to traveling within the region
How to Apply
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position.
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.2463785