Aon is looking for a Health and Benefits Analyst - Pharmacy
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Health & Benefits in Bloomington, MN
Your impact as a Health and Benefits Analyst - Pharmacy
Coalition Sales and Marketing
- Provide data request and perform savings and disruption analyses for prospective coalition members
- Prepare value proposition presentation to discuss opportunity with prospects; participate in presentation to prospects and finalist meetings with PBM partners
- Assist with tracking and follow-up of prospects to determine level of interest in coalition and status
- Perform analysis of wins/losses
New Coalition Members
- Assist with onboarding of new coalition clients, including preparing and tracking the status of engagement letters and performing other onboarding tasks as needed
- Assist with implementation support and pre-implementation audit (if assigned)
- Assist with request and distribution of PBM agreements including review of documents prior to providing to clients to ensure terms and fees are consistent with coalition offering
- Track status of PBM agreements
Internal Education and Advocacy
- Respond to consultant inquiries
- Maintain internal FAQ document
- Assist with resolving or escalating PBM service issues for assigned coalition clients
- Assist with enhancing internal coalition management tracking processes for documenting client issues, client teams, client contract status, and other client features to ensure up-to-date listings
PBM Performance Management
- Develop efficient process for tracking/monitoring PBM compliance with financial and service performance guarantees and identifying systemic issues affecting multiple coalition clients; alert ARxC Team of findings
- Assist with annual market checks to ensure market competitive pricing
- Support contract negotiations with PBM partners
- Assist with development and production of analytics for coalition clients
Monthly reconciliation of management fees for coalitions
- Review supporting documentation from PBM partners to ensure accurate payment
- Respond to occasional requests from client teams to confirm payment amounts
- Serve as account manager to assigned coalition clients
Direct Employer responsibilities:
- Participate as a member of the Pharmacy Financial Team
- Support senior consultants and Pharmacy team in the area of pharmacy benefits, developing knowledge on best practices and market trends, and contributing to the developments and enhancement of new and existing products and services
- Assist senior consultants with marketing and sales efforts
- Responds quickly to client and colleague requests and works to provide timely and accurate information and documentation; Works with a high level of interest, energy and enthusiasm to meet or exceeds client expectations.
- Teamwork and Resource Management: Understands and values all roles and functions needed to complete client projects and provide on-going service; Communicates and works well with colleagues at all levels and is viewed as a team player
- Ethical Behavior: Adheres to professional standards and ethics in one’s field and demonstrates the highest level of integrity and honesty in all interactions;
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills: Analytical thinking systematically tests and probes to discover trends and eliminate potential problems
- Project management experience: Establishes priorities for multiple tasks/projects based on timeliness, importance, and urgency of project completion.
- Assist with the execution of some or all of the following types of consulting projects:
- Benefit strategy and clinical program review
- Plan design benchmarking
- Market Checks
- Preparing engagement/client materials for sales and marketing efforts
- Procurement/Renewal projects
- Vendor management, including negotiations, problem resolution, and regional/local interface
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Ideal candidate would have worked at a PBM or health insurance company or has pharmacy or health benefit consulting experience
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong business acumen
- Proven Project Management skills are desirable
- Consulting or Health care experience preferred
- Client Service Orientation;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills -- Excel, Power Point, Access and Word
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.