Aon is looking for a Broker to join our Toronto, Marine Practice team
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our Marine Practice team, in Toronto, Ontario (20 Bay Street). As a Broker, you will report directly to the Canadian National Head of Marine.
Your impact as a Broker
The Broker working within the marine practice develops, negotiates and manages all aspects of client coverage and marketing in support of accurate and responsive insurance coverage.
- Analyzes client specific risk exposure and details coverage requirements.
- Prepares and presents marketing proposals for renewals and new business, including forwarding renewal terms to client for a variety of marine and non-marine insurance covers.
- Responds to client inquiries and process requests for routine changes.
- Negotiates with underwriters to establish best terms and conditions with respect to premiums and coverage.
- Approves documentation for new contracts, policy changes, additions, deletions and renewals.
- Collaborates with Account Manager to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business.
- Supports National Leader with day to day administration as required.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 2-5 years brokerage or underwriting experience including client facing interaction.
- Ocean and Inland Marine experience would be an asset.
- Good MS Office skills including Excel and Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, strong time management skills, demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Being a team player is key to being successful in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Business or similar, preferred.
- RIBO license required or to be completed within 120 days of starting date of this role.
- CAIB/CIP designation or studying toward completion would be an asset.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.