Aon Is Looking For An Account Executive I for the Latin America Hub in our Miami, FL office.
An emerging leader who is responsible for the day-to-day, account management of Aon’s relationships with assigned clients with presence in Latin America as their primary role. Leads client service teams to identify and meet client needs and thereby retain and grow a profitable book of business. Through service, pricing, consultation and reporting, promotes the value Aon delivers to clients.
Your Impact an Account Executive
The position is responsible for leading discussions which provide strategic advice and counsel to both internal and external colleagues & clients to support Aon’s clients understand and manage their risks and help design and implement strategies consistent with the clients’ identified risk management goals and objectives.
- Primarily responsible for Latin American coordination of multinational clients.
- Retains and grows Aon’s business, cultivating relationships with senior-most client decision-makers in the client organization as well as with day-to-day client contacts in Latin America. Facilitates critical relationships between clients, ARS and insurers.
- Ensures overall account profitability with a value-based approach for the scope of service. Negotiates Aon compensation for services, whether fee or commission-based, accordingly. Ensures that the full value of involved ARS specialists and practice groups is promoted.
- Actively looks for new business opportunities.
- Understands and works in alignment with the Aon Leadership Model and its pillars of Client Value, Unmatched Teams, Innovation, Results and Values. Establishes clear roles, responsibilities and performance expectations for client service teams that deliver Aon products and services to each client. Ensures that team members meet their responsibilities and seeks changes in team composition as appropriate.
- Educates clients in risk management, risk transfer, market issues and relevant trends including appropriate benchmarking and GRIP data. Serves as a trusted business adviser on all pertinent issues; monitors client satisfaction; reports and resolves client issues and concerns and reviews client expectations to ensure relationship is mutually acceptable and beneficial.
- Drives the renewal process, assembling the appropriate team to develop and implement the client-specific renewal strategy. Coordinates with Brokers in the development and delivery of renewal strategies. Assigns appropriate processes to Aon Client Services (ACS), if applicable.
- Directly and by teaming with originators, actively drives client penetration and new business with existing and potential new customers through the introduction of products, services, lines of business and industry expertise.
- Establish themselves as a self-starting leader within an account team and take ownership of the success of a portion of those client relationships, requiring minimal daily oversight
- Negotiate terms with key market contacts which have been identified as those which can deliver the solutions which meet our clients’ needs
- Communicate and compare the quoted results for discussion with the client to be able to bind coverage
- Communicate the final terms with colleagues in the US as well as overseas to enable their support in terms of documentation and premium cash flow
- Serves as a resource of industry, product or market area expertise to internal and external clients.
- Involves others across geographic (including international), functional and business unit boundaries to define interdependent responses to opportunities to grow the business.
- Manages input to and follow-up on invoicing and receivables process for assigned clients, ensuring timely collections.
- Ensures that account data supports the integrity of company accounting and tracking systems.
- Manages expenses.
- Maintain a current P&C brokerage license
- Follows Aon’s various guidelines and procedures and effectively utilizes the tools and resources at their disposal
- Performs related duties as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
The Account Executive is also responsible for establishing the strategy to ensure that the Aon network of offices who are asked to help support our clients, have a clear understanding of the scope of services which have been agreed at the Parent company level. This will require establishing agreement from internal colleagues as well as the client as to the services from the Aon Network which bring value to the client’s organization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be Bilingual – fluent Spanish and English, Portuguese is a plus.
- Availability to travel across Latin America 30-40% of time.
- Must have experience working with International insurance
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in the insurance industry in related segment
- Analytical thinker, highly collaborative and able to deliver under required deadlines
- Proven collaboration skills enabling the candidate to successfully lead broking teams and leverage thought leaders in pursuit of greater client, carrier and Aon outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex projects and transactions
- Strong oral & written presentation skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex messages
- Strong and deep network relationships
- Proven strong negotiation skills with carriers
- Adaptable problem solver
- Experience using management reports and analytics to identify opportunities and impact results
- Consistent achievement of assigned territorial or practice goals
- Track record of attracting, retaining and developing top talent in the industry
- Product development or programs and facilities development experiences
- Evidence of ability to become proficient in the use of Aon specific software tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with Risk and Insurance Management/Business related curriculum preferred.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.