Aon is looking for a Senior Associate (Retirement)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Retirement Solutions consulting practice, within Aon, in Toronto ON.
Your impact as a Senior Associate (Retirement)
This position provides actuarial and administration support to Aon’s actuarial consultants and team members in the areas of:
- Developing junior retirement associates on client teams and developing solutions and efficiently delivering on more complex tasks and projects;
- Delegation and validation of the work done by junior retirement associates;
- Preparation of all aspects of pension plan funding actuarial valuations;
- Performing all aspects of pension plan accounting valuations;
- Preparation of costings for plan changes and projections and forecasts;
- Drafting client and member communication;
- Assisting clients in dealing with day-to-day pension issues and questions;
- Participating in internal seminars regarding current industry issues and technical training;
- Maintaining and working with a variety of Excel-based actuarial tools;
- Performing/overseeing all functions necessary to ensure the continuous efficient operation of client pension plan arrangements.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- University degree required, preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or related discipline;
- Completion of 3-5 SOA exams preferred;
- 3-5 years’ of related work experience;
- Relevant experience in a consulting environment working in pensions departments preferred;
- A superior ability in mathematics and financial analysis, and demonstrated computer skills using financial spreadsheet programs;
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be a highly motivated, customer-service and team-oriented individual;
- Ability to work under deadlines, and ability to work on several projects simultaneously is critical;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.