Aon is looking for a Pension Administration Associate (Retirement)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Retirement Strategies Consulting Practice, within Aon, in Edmonton, Alberta. As a Pension Administration Associate (Retirement), you will report directly to the local Retirement team leader.
Your impact as a Pension Administration Associate
This position provides technical and analytical support to Aon’s retirement consultants and team members. To ensure delivery of distinctive client value, you will be responsible for the following:
- Calculate and authorize benefit entitlements on retirement, termination, death and marriage breakdown;
- Year-end update of plan records, including reconciliation of plan membership, contributions and the trust fund;
- Preparation of annual pension statements;
- Preparation and filing of government forms (i.e. Annual Information Return);
- Quality control of year-end data input and verification of database output;
- Calculation and review of PAs, PSPAs and PARs and preparation of applicable filing forms;
- Read and interpret pension plan texts;
- Client communication regarding data, administration, and interpretation of pension plan text;
- Plan member communication regarding calculations, missing documentation, etc.;
- Liaise with trust companies, record keepers and plan auditors;
- Maintenance of plan records;
- Performing/overseeing all functions necessary to ensure the continuous efficient operation of client pension plan arrangements;
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- A demonstrated mathematical aptitude; some understanding of actuarial principles and interest theory is preferred;
- 3 to 5 years working with defined benefit pension plans is preferred;
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is required;
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
- Must be a highly motivated, customer-service and team-oriented individual;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member and independently with minimum supervision;
- Detail oriented, and strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize several projects with competing deadlines;
- Client service focused;
- Applicants who do not have the industry experience but have the required education and skills will also be considered.
- Post secondary education or equivalent years of industry experience;
- Enrollment in or completion of Certified Employee Benefits Specialist program or Pension Plan Administration Certificate is an asset.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.