Aon Is Looking For An Underwriting Specialist II
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Affinity Nonprofits business group within Aon Affinity. Position may be located in our Washington, DC or Chicago, IL offices.
Your Impact As An Underwriting Specialist II
The Underwriting Specialist II will be responsible for rating, reviewing and underwriting property & casualty insurance. This position includes underwriting review and rating of complex renewal and new business risks within designated affinity programs targeting the nonprofit habitational and social services segment. The position requires extensive review and analysis of submissions, gathering data and assessing risk against established P&C and management liability underwriting guidelines. This position is responsible for utilizing rating tools and inputting information into internal underwriting systems and carrier underwriting systems. Accountable for accurate risk assessment and documentation and executing sound decisions/recommendations while deploying clear communication with the internal senior underwriting team.
- This position requires maintaining a detailed knowledge of underwriting guidelines, carrier forms, products and competitive landscape.
- Provide customer support and assistance to direct clients, brokers and prospects to make recommendations and guide/educate on products. A key component of the position will be timely and accurate delivery of new proposals to retail agents/brokers in an effort to hit growth targets
- Responsible for underwriting, obtaining and servicing policies and meeting retention goals.
- Review renewals to determine the best options for clients going forward.
- The Underwriting Specialist II will achieve successful results through telephone work (both incoming and outgoing calls) along with correspondence via email, fax and mail.
- Monitors, tracks and follows-up on proposals to ensure customer and broker satisfaction.
- Use sound judgment and independent thinking to achieve the maximum result within authority and state guidelines
- Identify premium growth opportunities with current book by cross sell offering other coverage
- Collect/monitor competitive intelligence on all key competitors within assigned areas; anticipate client’s needs by contributing to research and development of products /endorsements
- Work with clients or brokers to provide coverage overviews and clarifications
- Work with Underwriting Manager to organize and prepare rating information in carrier system(s)
- Works independently with moderate guidance and supervision
- Actively seeks out new and challenging projects
- Performs other duties as required
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 3-5 years’ work experience in the Property & Casualty insurance field
- P&C underwriting experience
- Ability to review applications, follow instructions based on established underwriting guidelines as established for the program.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity in working with carrier underwriting systems.
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with MS Office suite products, proficiency with Excel required.
- Property & Casualty license preferred – must be obtained within six months of hire date.
- Four-year college degree in Business, Risk Management or Finance major preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.