Aon is looking for a Senior Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Aon Affinity, in Fort Wayne, IN
Your impact as a Senior Analyst
- Work with business and IT representatives to ensure understanding of requirements and their alignment to future strategic direction of the business/function.
- Elicit and document functional and non-functional requirements to meet business needs.
- Deliver well-articulated business requirements that are well understood and readily consumable by development teams
- Describe stories (or use cases) around usage of functionality whether it is current state or future
- Creation of documentation of formal requirements, use cases, user stories and models that map business strategy, customer demands and technology delivery
- Conduct data analysis and develop data mapping documents. Strong understanding of data related issues regarding:
- Data analysis (some statistical analysis skills)
- Modeling – understanding data types, relationships and structures
- Collaborate with application developers, designers, and architects to ensure a shared understanding of the business model and the detailed requirements.
- Facilitate discovery sessions to gain insights into end user and customer needs.
- Timely and accurate reporting and escalation of risk and issues for the production and maintenance of applicable project metrics and status reports within a project.
- Manages the progress of projects by tracking activity, resolving issues, and recommending actions; Provides project management with regular updates on deliverable timeline and project status.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Proven track record conducting business analysis activities on large and small projects ensuring the right end product is developed, tested and delivered accurately
- 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst
- 3+ years of experience working as a Business data analyst conducting data analysis, modeling – understanding types, relationships and structures. Using SQL to query databases for analysis.
- 4+ years of experience working in the insurance industry preferred
- Experience with describing and illustrating business process flows
- Proficient with graphical tools and screen capture tools
- Process flows directly related to actors (illustrated swim lanes)
- Experience with writing and executing test scenarios
- Spreadsheet skills - comfortable with complex functionality such as array calculations, pivot tables and macros
- Developing and articulating outcome-based objectives particularly in developing Acceptance Criteria that are clearly understood, accepted and demonstrable by downstream development and Quality Assurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience interacting with business team members at all levels to obtain, understand, refine business and data requirements - experience presenting status reports to senior management.
- Analytical, detail oriented and adept at understanding business problems and defining solutions
- Experience working with IT teams
- Must be familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methods of managing projects
- Prior application development experience is preferred
- Experience working with Billing and Accounting functions
- Experience working in Insurance Industry
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Math or Computer Science or related field
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.