Aon is looking for a Marketing Director, Planning & Development
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Marketing team based in Chicago, IL.
Your impact as a Marketing Director, Planning & Development
- Collaborate with marketing leaders to achieve alignment with Aon’s growth strategy
- Orchestrate the annual global planning process (e.g. milestones, participants, actions, templates, documentation of plan participant responsibilities, calendars) ensuring marketing’s goals are aligned with both corporate and regional objectives, and that each region/specialty’s contribution to the plan is coordinated and aligned to achieve business objectives
- Coordinate with the Marketing Manager, Global Marketing Operations on budget strategy and management of the budget allocation process
- Ensure the marketing’s performance measurement framework is leveraged to support continuous improvement in our ability to articulate the value of the function
- Further change management through assessment of resourcing and colleague skills in relation to plan development and execution.
- Conduct an annual review of the planning process as well as ongoing marketing plan reviews to identify opportunities for further refinement in processes
- Partner with multiple stakeholders throughout the firm, including leaders within Marketing & Communications and Finance, ABS to align on strategy and process
- Present globally to both leadership and marketing business partners to drive education, understanding and support of our planning strategy
- Management of one direct report.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 7-10 years of marketing experience, ideally in a marketing planning or consulting role.
- Possess a bachelor's degree in a related discipline; graduate degree a plus (e.g., Marketing, Business)
- Experience with integrated planning
- Experience serving, collaborating, and influencing partners through presentations and other forms of communication
- Ability to build trusted relationships with senior leaders across the enterprise and collaborate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to further change management supporting the planning process; e.g. resourcing, training
- Creative thinker with a desire and ability to seek opportunities for continuous improvement
- An uncompromising commitment to quality and detail
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented self-starter with a sense of urgency and strong desire to work entrepreneurially
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of commitment to colleagues and internal clients
- A leader who projects a positive attitude and excels at encouraging and coaching team members
- Ability and willingness to perform both strategic and tactical elements of the role
- Experience and comfort level leading through influence and helping colleagues feel invested in the process and outcome
- Leadership and change management
- Ability to navigate culture and organization maturity across multiple functions and geographies
- Ability to translate business objectives into marketing goals and measurements
- Ability to communicate complex concepts simply and visually
- Exceptional organizational skills, including a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Strong project management skills with the ability to execute with speed, accuracy and efficiency
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.