Aon is looking for a Latin America Audit Project Manager
The key duties and responsibilities of the Latin America Audit Project Manager are:
- Managing and/or participating in audits evaluating the adequacy of controls for Aon business units and/or key business processes, including:
- Demonstrating a full knowledge and understanding of the areas under review,
including processes, risks and controls, an audit approach and testing strategy for
assigned audit projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated;
- Assisting in determination of audit staffing, including the use of external resources;
- Developing audit planning deliverables to document an understanding of the
operation under review, support the audit approach, and determine appropriate
testing procedures to address key risks;
- Analyzing data associated with the area under review to determine sampling
strategies, interpret test results and develop conclusions;
- Coordinating and participating in the completion of audit test procedures, including
understanding testing results along with development of creative / innovative /
appropriate audit recommendations in line with management's reasonable ability to
- Documenting workpapers and/or providing a first level review and approval of
workpaper documentation to ensure the retained documentation supports the audit
work performed; and
- Communicating audit findings noted from the review to the Senior Audit Manager,
Director and/or Senior Director.
- Making or assisting in making oral and written presentations to management throughout and at the conclusion of the examination by discussing process and control deficiencies, recommending corrective actions and other suggestions for improvements in operations and/or reductions in costs.
- Preparing the initial draft of the audit report timely for the Senior Audit Manager’s review, ensuring audit comments are clear, concise and focused on the root cause of the issue.
- Providing the necessary supervision and development feedback to assigned audit staff (internal and external).
- Managing, overseeing and/or participating in advisory/ad-hoc projects, investigations and/or any other required activities including Sox 302 & 404 activities.
- As assigned, participating in and/or assisting Internal Audit leadership on department/corporate initiatives.
- As required, providing assistance to external auditors during their interim and annual reviews of the company.
- Knowledge of and experience in Aon operations (e.g. insurance brokerage, reinsurance, retirement, etc.) or comparable industry experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management within the company.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of internal auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles and practices.
- Strong technical, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to focus on details, work independently and perform all required functions timely and with accuracy.
- Fluency in Spanish
- Fluency in Portuguese (preferred, not required).
- Travel 30% - 50%.
Minimum Work Experience:
4+ plus years of audit or advisory experience with a large multi-national, professional services, Big 4 or mid-tier public accounting firm.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or comparable business degree. Professional designations/certifications, such as Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner etc., are preferred.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.