Aon is looking for a Senior Software Engineer
- Perform code reviews with and for other engineers.
- Write unit and integration tests to verify functionality.
- Work collaboratively with fellow software engineers to build features requested by business stakeholders.
- Participate in Agile teams to develop, test, and debug our web applications.
- Diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects.
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable web applications.
- Mentor junior engineers within (and sometimes outside) our team.
- Ability to conduct performance analysis and optimization for features and systems.
Required Experience and Characteristics:
- 6+ years of software development experience with web applications
- Experience developing REST APIs
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation.
- Experience with high-scale transactional data processing
- Experience designing and querying web-scale databases
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to own broad feature areas independently
- Willingness to work in a highly-collaborative environment where the belief is that great ideas can come from anywhere. Candidates must be able to embrace this culture, foster idea generation, and work to cultivate the best ideas into an executable plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in a related intellectual property, legal, and/or software support environment
- Working knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD tools and methodologies.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.