Aon are currently recruiting a Financial Accountant to join our team.. The Financial Accountant will be primarily responsible for ensuring Aon UK Limited’s compliance with the FCA’s CASS 5 client money rules including the performance of frequent client money drawdowns and related controls and preparing monthly MI packs which provide management with a clear understanding of the firm’s compliance status.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Financial Accountant:
- Complete monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and journal postings, attend monthly Client Money Committee, perform regular and accurate Client Money calculation and drawdowns.
- Prepare and complete quarterly, month-end and mid-month Client Money reporting requirements to the stated deadlines.
- Contributing to the alignment and the integration of acquired entities from a client money perspective.
- Assisting with the quarterly review of Client Money related processes undertaken by non-Controllership teams.
- Preparing the monthly Client Money Committee pack and minutes.
- Scheduling the monthly Client Money Committee meetings and monthly calculation and drawdown dates.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the processes undertaken by Treasury and the outsourced fiduciary accounting provider in relation to client money.
- Responsibility for the opening and closing of GL accounts in relation to bank accounts and MMF’s.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Aon’s broking systems and keep up to date documentation on an on-going basis.
- Assist with projects focused on improving processes and controls aimed at achieving further efficiencies within the business.
- Assist with answering queries raised by EY / Internal audit / Compliance.
- Understand CASS5 Client Money rules to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Work with the business to improve the quality, accuracy and timeliness of information requests and reports.
- Work collaboratively with the UK Finance, EMEA Finance Centre and other teams within the organisation to complete tasks and activities more effectively.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Accounting Qualification (ACA / ACCA).
- Experience and knowledge:
- understanding of the Auditing, Accounting and Reporting function;
- familiarity with the Insurance and/or Brokerage industry;
- experience with financial systems preferred.
- ability to demonstrate excellent verbal, organisational and communication skills;
- ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- competent in Excel with the ability to use a range of the programme’s features.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.2471892