Aon is looking for a Senior Manager, Internal Audit
• Leveraging knowledge of Aon operations to provide support, direction and oversight to audit staff on assigned projects to ensure understanding of the project goals, including assessment of the business control environment to develop an appropriate audit approach to achieve the audit objectives.
• Overseeing the completion of audit projects (e.g., core assurance audits, Sarbanes Oxley 302 & 404 compliance activities, special investigations, ad-hoc projects, etc.) included in the annual audit plan within budgeted timeframes and in line with professional and department standards.
• Establishing appropriate staffing levels for audit projects, including the use of external resources as necessary.
• Providing a first or second level review and approval of workpaper documentation to ensure the retained documentation supports the audit work performed and satisfies audit objectives.
• Influencing and building consensus with business line management on audit results and establishing professional relationships.
• Evaluating the adequacy of the internal control environment within select company business operations. Communicating audit findings and recommendations to improve the overall effectiveness of the company’s internal controls to business unit management. Preparing rated audit reports on the condition/adequacy of the company’s control environment.
• For assigned areas of audit responsibility, monitoring the status of management corrective action plans to ensure that significant process and control issues have been remediated. Updating the various management reports sent to executive management and the Audit Committee regarding the status of open control matters.
• For assigned audit staff, providing the necessary supervision, coaching and training as well as providing project feedback for audit project staff as well as external resources.
• Developing a strong knowledge base and level of expertise in the operations of assigned lines of business or functional areas.
• Interacting with senior business leadership in assigned areas through periodic meetings for the purpose of knowledge sharing.
• Conducting and/or participating in annual risk assessment discussions, documenting changes to business operations, and providing input to the SLT on recommended audit projects for the annual audit plan.
• Assisting the Internal Audit Directors / Senior Directors in assessing key business risks and controls and in developing risk-based audit plans, which are responsive to audit priorities and emerging risk activities.
• As required, providing assistance to external auditors during their interim and annual reviews of the company.
• As assigned, assisting the Internal Audit leadership team on department/corporate-wide initiatives and ad-hoc special projects, as well as supporting other audit offices.
• As required, perform HR Administrative Manager functions for assigned staff including career development discussions, as well as developing and providing annual performance assessments.
• As a global resource, participating in audit assignments as required in any location.
• Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of and experience in Aon operations (e.g., insurance brokerage, reinsurance, retirement, etc.) or comparable industry experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and interface with all levels of management within the company.
• Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to analyze and understand complex situations and apply knowledge to develop appropriate solutions.
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external constituencies and customers.
• Proven supervisory and leadership skills in being flexible, creative, team-oriented and results-driven.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of internal auditing standards and techniques.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting requirements.
• Knowledge of industry regulatory requirements.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.