Aon Is Looking For An IT Category Senior Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Global Spend Management team based in Chicago, IL.
Your Impact As An IT Category Senior Manager
This Category Manager will be responsible developing and implementing Category Strategies within the IT area and will lead efforts to deliver upon annual objectives including savings, contract implementation, client satisfaction and other.
This position is responsible for developing and leading implementation of sourcing strategies for the IT spend category, and leading efforts to deliver upon annual savings, contract and service objectives.
This role will also lead/participate in cross-functional teams in the development of sourcing strategies, including: internal assessments of Aon’s current and future needs; assessments of market trends and supply base; understanding of supplier economics, agreement on optimal relationship with prospective suppliers; assessment of total cost of ownership and opportunities to leverage changes in process, systems and products to lower that cost;
The Category Manager proactively works with the IT and Business Unit Leads to establish a process to select and manage vendors and drive annual productivity improvements in the spend category.
- Develop and drive category strategy, category expertise and industry best practices to deliver savings and transformation of the category
- Deliver annual productivity improvements for the spend category
- Interact with business executives and GSM leadership to influence strategy and approach. Maintains some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Drive category discussions, manage exceptions and negotiate with business customers.
- Manage business priorities and objectives along with category management activities, leveraging line of business knowledge and executive relationships.
- Partner with business stakeholders, including senior Aon executives in the commitment to executing complex sourcing activities and implementing effective supplier contracts.
- Monitor adherence to supplier performance measures, service standards as articulated in service level agreements, to ensure that client needs/expectations for timely, quality service are being met.
- Employ relationship management methods and practices to identify opportunities to create total cost savings and value creation and cultivate strategic relationships with key suppliers.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 plus years of experience in IT category management
- Experience developing category strategies across IT in a global complex organization. Experience managing spend with data and analytics vendors is very useful but not strictly required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the information technology industry
- Experience in IT contractual negotiations including savings realization and licensing/maintenance Terms & Conditions. Fluent enough with contract language to direct detailed contract negotiations as required and serve as a point of escalation during the negotiation process and after contract execution.
- Ability to proactively bring all management levels together and influence decision making through sound fact-based delivery
- Ability to communicate effectively and deliver appropriate direct messaging
- Ability to think out of the box and creatively problem solve in real time
- Experience working with all levels of management including “C” Level
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.