Broker – US Casualty (Energy)
Aon are currently recruiting a Broker to join our US Casualty team based in London which is part of the Global Broking Centre.
To co-ordinate and contribute to the marketing and negotiation of business within the Lloyd’s and Company Markets on a day to day basis in accordance with Marketing Strategy.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Global Broking Centre - London
The Global Broking Centre in London is an integral part of Aon’s global broking strategy. The GBC provides colleagues from across the Aon network with access to specialist brokers and client managers, dedicated client solutions and thought leadership, and significant global insurance capacity.
The GBC works with network colleagues to deliver market-leading solutions to Aon clients, creating a competitive advantage in our placement strategies worldwide.
About the Role
As a Broker some of your key responsibilities will involve:
Core functional activity:
- File maintenance – ECM
- Send initial engagement to client/network
- Present terms to client / network
- Review / Create / Enhance Submission
- Send Cover confirmation to client/network
- Review draft / final MRC
- Firm Order broking (Ebix / wet stamps / email)
- Follow market broking
- Record broking activity in market sheets
- Complete quote/firm order information in Brokasure including finalise MRC
- Provide invoicing instructions
Secondary functional activity:
- Providing benchmarking and placement advice to clients
- Client relationship management (direct clients and/or network)
- Client meetings
- Lead quote broking
- Scan / index final agreed slip
Occasional (optional) functional activity:
- Establish and manage pipeline
- Produce and/or deliver tenders
- Market relationship management
- Define marketing strategy (specific to placement)
- SPS design / placement
- Issue invoice to client
- Respond to A/c queries
- Create BID documentation if required
- Create bespoke wordings / clauses (per client)
- Develop best in class product wordings (for SPS/product etc)
- File Reviews / Technical Reviews / Peer Reviews
- Provide technical wording advice to client/network
- Provide technical training / guidance to colleagues
- Coaching and mentoring
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Broker your skills and qualifications will include:
- Ability to interpret and use data effectively
- Strong analytical expertise
- Sound understanding of London insurance market dynamics and core processes;
- Excellent technical insurance knowledge experience from within the London Market
- Ability to use insurance industry IT systems to efficiently deliver client service;
- Experience of managing effective client relationships;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good level of numeracy;
- Effective communication and presentation skills;
- Good understanding of compliance and FCA regulation;
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application