Aon is Looking for a Disaster Recovery Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our Global Security Services group.
Your Impact as a Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Manage a portfolio of low to moderately complex applications, and small-sized data centers within assigned region to drive development, compliance and ongoing management of disaster recovery/technology resilience plans using Aon preferred global Business & Technology Resilience (BTR) program tools, that address the following:
- Technology Recovery Plans (TRP)
- Application Tiering Assessment (ATA)
- Ensure timely, accurate completion of Technology Recovery plans per agreed maintenance calendars with appropriate IT application or Business Plan Manager/Coordinator. Document progress and compliance utilizing the preferred program management tools.
- Provide support when a business disruption occurs, including liaising with the Global Emergency Operations Center (GEOC) and Technology Restoration and Availability Control Centers (TRACC). Conduct incident summaries and after actions reviews, as directed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Business & Technology Resilience (BTR) Plan Managers, Coordinators and Sponsors in the Aon community.
- Maintain periodic written and oral communications utilizing the globally agreed templates to plan Coordinators/Owners/Executive Leadership within assigned portfolio, as well as to Regional Business Resilience and Global Business & Technology Resilience Practice leaders.
- Facilitate periodic/ad hoc training on the Business Resilience planning concepts, methodologies and program suite of tools.
- Conduct and assess disaster recovery exercises to identify gaps and ensure continuous improvement. Evaluate plan(s) against generally agreed upon Aon policies, standards and frameworks.
- Provide periodic advice and support to plan coordinators to assist in resolving program/planning/testing issues.
- Actively participate in and support regional program initiatives as assigned. Demonstrate ability to collaborate to develop beneficial outcomes in support of program objectives.
- Respond to client/carrier requests on Aon’s Business Resilience program and readiness for plans within assigned portfolio with assistance from Regional Leader.
- Support Regional Leader with gathering evidence for internal and external Business Resilience audits, as requested.
- Some travel within the region.
- Position requires flexibility to take calls and/or work outside of normal operating hours when handling crisis situations.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years hands-on experience in disaster recovery.
- 1+ years of experience collaborating with information technology teams on business continuity strategies.
- 1+ years of experience facilitating group discussions, training/awareness meetings and exercise scenarios.
- 1+ years of experience developing cross-functional/peer relationships. Experience building team consensus.
- Basic understanding of crisis operations and effective communication processes.
- Strong understanding of disaster recovery plan development and moderate understanding of testing best practices and processes.
- Understanding of industry best practices and standards.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks to meet project/regional program requirements.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with a general understanding of data analysis techniques.
- Experience gathering requirements for IT applications
- Strong project management skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with mid- management (written and oral, presentation and interpersonal skills).
- Ability to train colleagues on disaster recovery methodologies.
- Above average organizational skills.
- Team player with ability to collaborate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Moderate understanding of Database, Middleware, Applications, Networks, Infrastructure is preferred
- Industry recognized certification in Business Continuity is preferred (CBCP, MBCI)
- Experience managing programs in a diverse geography, preferred.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.2474406