Head of Structured Portfolio Solutions (AUM)
Aon are currently recruiting a Head of Structured Portfolio Solutions (AUM) to join our team in London. The Head of Structured Portfolio Solutions (AUM) will be primarily responsible for the following;
- Build a SPS and DUA capability within AUM which is widely recognised as a market leader and provides client value to both our carrier partners and insureds
- Design and deliver delegated authority solutions to identified opportunities
- Assess project mandates and business cases for suitability for AUM, chair project round-tables to discuss new opportunities with the appropriate AUM team
- Effective programme management of the AUM SPS portfolio, ensuring agreed processes are followed and the team is adequately resourced and trained to handle new and existing facilities
- Ensure that all internal protocols including business case, risk assessments, contractual negotiations etc. are appropriately managed and signed off
- Design and review SPS performance against agreed KPIs on a regular basis as agreed for each SPS
- Provide effective leadership, coaching and management of the SPS Team, setting and reviewing performance objectives and ensure that all objectives are SMART and challenging
- Contribute towards the development and delivery of AUM’s strategy and financial targets
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Head of Structured Portfolio Solutions (AUM) some of your key responsibilities will be;
- To represent AUM Business Unit on SPS and DUA strategy and advise the Exec Board on related matters Drive development of new SPS programmes from initial proposition to implementation ensuring that they are commercially viable, compliant with Aon policy and meet regulatory requirements
- Manage the ongoing AUM portfolio of SPSs effectively, ensuring all SPSs are reviewed as required and all necessary approvals obtained from the business, Law, Risk & Compliance. Endure they conform to Lloyd’s and Company market requirements
- Ensure that the appropriate project management controls are in place to support the development and maintenance of SPSs
- Build effective working relationships with key supporting insurers (Lloyd’s and Company markets) to support contract negotiation and maintain and build AUM’s credibility and reputation
- Own and develop AUMs product governance processes supporting the overall Aon framework
- Engage effectively with Aon Broking Divisions and AUM business units to build relationships, identify new SPS opportunities and promote AUM products
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Head of Structured Portfolio Solutions (AUM) your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Strong expertise in Delegated Authority management
- A good understanding of operational considerations and Management Information requirements relevant to an MGA
- Able to establish excellent working relationships with brokers and insurers (Lloyd’s and Company markets)
- A good understanding of a broad range of insurance products and coverage
- Excellent leadership and Managment ability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A proven self-starter who is outcomes focussed
- Some management experiences
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, and additional holiday.