Aon Retiree Health Solutions (ARHS) Sales and Service Center (SSC) Virtual Sales Manager (SM)
As part of an industry-leading team, the Virtual Sales Manager will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Aon Retiree Health Solutions business from their home office.
Your Impact as A Virtual Sales Manager
The Sales and Service Center Virtual Sales Manager is responsible for the front-line sales delivery. In this role, the Virtual Sales Manager acts as a role model for the values of the firm and for sales and customer service best practices. Virtual Sales managers are expected to coach and develop Virtual Benefits Advisors through continuous sales technique and skills development. In addition to ensuring all performance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
Most of the Virtual Sales Manager day is spent interacting with Benefits Advisors and Quality Managers. The Virtual Sales Managers are the people manager for a team of Virtual Benefits Advisors (number based on business need) and are responsible for the day-to-day sales, performance management, coaching, and development of aligned Virtual Benefits Advisors. They are also responsible for the sales performance, and service through the inbound/outbound calls into the Benefits Center.
As a Sales Manager working virtually, daily communication with Virtual Benefits Advisors will be important to ensure proper development and goal completion. Due to lack of face-to-face interaction, engaging leader techniques will be required to motivate and drive colleagues to successfully perform. Constant monitoring of calls, phone states, and task completion will be part of the Virtual Sales Managers daily task to ensure colleagues are productive and efficient.
- Drive the sales results through daily, weekly, monthly sales management results and accountability; consistently coaching to sales targets for the Benefits Advisors, team and organization.
- Manage outbound telesales campaigns.
- Motivate and lead team to execute strategic sales plan; set action plan.
- Monitor each Benefits Advisors daily performance and compare it with each month’s objectives.
- Ensure the team is meeting or exceeding all key performance indicators.
- Address both positive and negative performance issues in a timely and impactful manner; driving accountability for results and immediate improvement towards results.
- Consistently achieve sales goals by managing sales performance against individual and team sales targets through use of coaching, motivation and metrics.
- Calibrate individual performance to ensure that Benefits Advisors use proven sales techniques and sales management routines.
- Conduct virtual sales meetings to review performance of Benefits Advisors and stimulate greater achievements.
- Support behaviors and initiatives that WOW our customers, clients, and team members
- Deliver consistent, timely sales coaching to Benefits Advisors immediately after calls and after receipt of Quality Assurance results.
- Offer coaching, counseling, advice, support, motivation or information needed to meet sales objectives.
- Constantly improve the sales skills and tool usage of the team through participation and training delivery of new tools and skills as needed.
- Promptly address quality and/or compliance issues and completes necessary documentation to address any identified carrier concerns.
- Execute and administer HR Policies and evaluates performance management of Benefits Advisors.
- Motivates Benefits Advisors to perform well.
- Ensure the sales floor operations function smoothly (appointment management, customer follow-up, etc.).
- Ensure Benefits Advisors are accountable to all individual and overall team operational metrics and supporting performance indicators workflows, productivity metrics, call handle time, etc.
- Constructively handle (or supervise the handling of) all customer complaints related to the Benefits Advisor or service delivery received.
- Partner with fellow Sales Managers to coordinate and ensure proper Benefits Advisors skill maintenance, schedule accuracy, process compliance, and stable operational delivery.
- Supports delivery of contractual and internal performance standards and supports Aon Retiree Health Solutions Leadership Team in service, carrier, and client reporting.
- Emphasizes the whole job, ensuring that supporting performance indicators are emphasized and achieved.
- Support new program and client implementations and drives existing client change process.
- Acts as an advocate for change and is the lead in communicating changes and updates with aligned colleagues through daily/weekly huddles or aligned colleague’s meetings.
- Continuous Improvement
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and sales techniques, etc.
- Develop knowledge/content management with accountability for performance support tools.
- Lead, participate and facilitate cross-department projects as required.
- Assist in development of plans to improve customer satisfaction and overall quality of Aon Retiree Health Solutions Delivery.
- Identify process improvements/enhancements to performance support tools and client provisions/processes and share these with appropriate leaders.
- Participate and/or leads special projects that require Sales and Service Center participation.
- Represent the Sales and Service Center views on projects in a professional manner.
- Complete project activities on time and accurately. Seeks support when necessary if due dates in jeopardy.
- Provide consistent quality and timely updates to management and staff.
Qualifications for a Virtual Sales Manager
To perform this job successfully, a dedicated quiet home office/work space is needed with internet connection. A home-based system test will be required to ensure speed and quality match company requirements. ARHS will provide the necessary equipment for job to be performed successfully. Cost for internet and/or phone services will not be reimbursable.
This position may require up to 20% Travel.
To be successful, you will need the following skills:
- Organization and management
- Multitasking and prioritizing
- Excellent communication and motivational skills
- Applying conflict resolution strategies
- Persuasive speaking and presentations
- Making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Working independently and in group setting
- Valid, active resident license with Life and Health lines of authority and appropriate insurance licenses as mandated by their resident state and any other non-resident state in which they conduct business
- 2-4 years of Leadership and/or People Management experience
- Public speaking/Sales Motivational speaking skills
- Sales planning (Sales Builder and/or Accountability Model experience)
- Managing Processes
- Engaging Leader Skills
- 1-3 years of Service Industry experience within Aon Retiree Health Solutions
- Specific domain and plan-specific, and/or market knowledge
- Experience with customer-focused performance metrics and continuous improvement management
- Customer Service Desktop tools
- Proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in CS Quality Coaching and Personalized Care Model
- Ability to solve problems and create positive customer resolution to reduce escalation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively over multiple virtual platforms
- Bachelor’s or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.