Aon Retiree Health Solutions (ARHS) Sales and Service Center (SSC) Virtual Benefit Advisor (BA) – Contact Center
Aon Retiree Health Solutions is a business unit within Aon-Exchanges that assists Medicare and Pre-Medicare eligible retirees in selecting the appropriate health plans. As a Virtual Benefits Advisor, individuals will be able to handle all responsibilities of a licensed Benefits Advisor from the comfort of their home office. The Virtual Benefit Advisor will handle any customer who has no existing enrollment within ARHS. The Licensed Virtual Benefit Advisor’s responsibilities include: selling and enrolling retirees into appropriate Insurance products including but not limited to health, prescription drug, vision and dental plans, and advising Pre-Medicare eligible recipients of their options. This is done primarily through providing Medicare education, conducting needs analysis, and assisting the retirees in selecting an appropriate plan for their needs.
- Ability to consistently provide a “WOW” experience at all customer touchpoints
- Ability to pass licensing exam and Carrier certifications annually and maintain good standing
- Knowledge of Medicare health, prescription drug plan, vision and dental enrollments. Ability to identify Medicare prospects needs using a needs based selling approach, accurately answering questions, addressing any concerns, and recommending appropriate plan
- Enroll retirees compliantly and efficiently into selected Medicare Health Insurance, prescription drug, vision and dental plans by reading scripting verbatim. Provide accurate information to Pre-Medicare retirees regarding the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Enrolling retirees will require handling retiree personal baking information including access to HRA funding, banking/financial institution information, and Personal Identifying Information (PII)
- Generate outbound phone calls to pre-set appointments, generate direct to consumer leads, case work and follow-up service calls. Actively listen to identify customer questions and needs, utilize probing questions when necessary
- Meet and/or exceed key performance indicators
- Handle inbound service calls by providing accurate and complete information via researching/selling/locating licensed agent
- Actively manage all assigned appointments to ensure all retirees needs are met on a timely basis
- Respond to voicemails within 24 hours, internal chat requests, handle and support customer complaints and/or client escalations
- Deliver a consistently positive customer experience in a highly ethical and professional manner
- Absorb new information and have the flexibility to adapt to new processes rapidly
- Understand and remain compliant with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Medicare Marketing Guidelines and Aon Retiree Health Solutions quality standards
Qualifications for a Contact Center Virtual Benefit Advisor
To perform this job successfully, a dedicated quiet home office/work space is needed with internet connection already established. A home-based system test will be required to ensure speed and quality match company requirements. Cost for internet and/or phone services and equipment will not be reimbursable. Aon will provide a laptop, additional monitor, keyboard, mouse, and headset.
This position may require occasional home visits from your Direct Sales Manager and use of provided webcam for meetings and individual coaching’s. The opportunity to work virtually can be retracted at any time if there is a decline in performance and it no longer not meet company standards.
To be Successful, You Will Need the following skills:
- Time management and self-discipline
- Multitasking and prioritizing
- Excellent communication skills
- Technology competence
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution and decision-making skills
Education and Certification
- High School degree (or GED) required
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience preferred
Required Knowledge and Sales Experience
- Valid, active resident license with Life and Health lines of authority and appropriate insurance licenses as mandated by their resident state and any other non-resident state in which they conduct business
- Strong understanding of what it means to create exceptional experiences
- Strong consultative sales and/or service background
- Desire to learn, ability to self-study, drive to succeed
- Aptitude for understanding details of Medicare insurance and complying with all CMS regulations
- No contracting restrictions as related to carriers and/or previous employers. Release documents are required if previously sponsored by carriers
- Ability to successfully complete America’s Health Insurance Plan(AHIP)
Preferred knowledge and Experience
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) experience
- Proven track record of Medicare sales and/or commercial insurance sales
- Strong written and verbal communication, sales development and rapport building skills
- Ability to process a wide range of complex details and articulate the details in simple terms to customers with varying levels of knowledge and education
- Ability to communicate effectively over multiple virtual platforms
- Experience using desktop and browser-based software
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Proficiency with InContact, NICE, and NAV-CRM system tools
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting steps and utilize resources
- Minimum Internet Speed of 100 Mbps already established
- Operate within a heavily regulated industry and a fast-paced/dynamic market environment
- Ability to work flexible hours; during peak season the center is open from 7:00am – 10:00pm in all time zones. May require some weekends
- Extensive time spent on the phone making outbound calls and receiving inbound calls consecutively daily
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.