Aon is looking for an Associate Director in Bloomington, MN; Chicago, IL; or Philadelphia, PA
Your impact as an Associate Director:
Aon’s Capital Advisory, an industry-leading team in the insurance sector is seeking to hire an Associate Director who will be responsible for advising reinsurance clients through rating agency criteria and capital management strategies. You will be responsible for managing client relationships for the Capital Advisory team, providing expertise regarding rating agency criteria and developing innovative tools and thought leadership research on behalf of clients.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management or related field is required. Advanced degree or professional designation such as CPA or CFA are a plus. In order to succeed in this role, you will need excellent project management and communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Principal contact for the team for reinsurance clients across multiple offices
- Provide expert advice on rating agency criteria including interpretation of how criteria is applied
- Detailed understanding of rating agency and regulatory capital models and the impact of reinsurance
- Develop client presentations, thought-leadership related to account and reinsurance strategies
- Understand broader global insurance and reinsurance market, how changes in the insurance environment impact our clients
- Develop deep understanding of Aon’s suite of products, services, and capabilities
- Leader and developer on special projects and Thought Leadership content
- Develop improvements in team processes and capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management or related field
- 5+ years of insurance industry experience
- Ability to analyze insurance company financial statements (STAT and GAAP)
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel for work (10% – 20%)
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.