Aon is looking for an Underwriting Specialist II
We currently have a career opportunity for an Underwriting Specialist II- Recreation Unit in our Fort Wayne, Indiana office. This role will support our Aon Affinity K&K Insurance Group.
Your impact as an Underwriting Specialist II
This position is accountable for all rating functions within the Business Unit, including account rating; coordinating all training needs of rating personnel; reviewing and communicating written, verbal and electronic information needed to effectively and efficiently perform the rating functions. This is a senior level position responsible for and is a liaison to underwriting management and other service units for the rating system and other specific functionality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all rating functions for ISO and proprietary rates within the Quicksolver Rating Administrator, including Integrated Rating and Non-Integrated Rating accounts.
- Coordinate and perform all training needs of the Business Unit rating personnel, to include quality control for new employees and at management request.
- Attend all training classes provided by the SOS Unit, Compliance Unit, and Service Center for training as needed.
- Identify and report any systems and/or rating problems to the SOS Unit, Compliance Unit, and management as needed.
- Use ISONET to order specific rates and tentative rates.
- Use Silverplume and various other sources to keep current with DOI/State rating requirements.
- Communicate to the business unit all pertinent changes/updates with regard to rating.
- Partner with Operations on testing of rates changes within the Quicksolver Rating Administrator.
- Monitor rating staff workloads to ensure efficiency and accuracy within the Business Unit.
- Discuss with Management any problems and possible solutions with regard to workloads/workflows.
- Perform various miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or higher education preferred.
- 5 year Commercial Property & Casualty insurance rating.
- Quicksolver Rating Administrator capabilities.
- Analytical ability.
- Computer skills to include Quicksolver Rating Administrator, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent math, oral and written English communication skills.
- Understanding of commercial property, liability, crime, inland marine, auto and workers compensation coverage.
- Candidate must be organized, able to prioritize work and possess effective time management skills in a fast paced environment.
- Work well with co-workers, participate in and support an underwriting team environment, advance your knowledge with educational courses, and interact with management when necessary.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.2475175