Aon is looking for an Accounting - Financial Professional
The Aon Insurance Honolulu office is seeking an Accounting - Captives Insurance Account Executive who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a portfolio of captive accounts, ensuring that the client, service provider and manager needs are met, working with team members to ensure the companies remain in compliance with regulatory and accounting requirements.
The following requirements are identified as crucial for success in the role and it is expected that the candidate for the position will possess these qualifications.
- Experience in preparing financial statements with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or related experiences.
- Proven ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently
- Experience managing several projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s of Accounting degree or captive experience required
- CPA or equivalent a plus, but not required
Required Skills and Characteristics
- Organized and able to multi-task with ability to effectively re-prioritize tasks as needed
- Demonstrated responsiveness to internal and external clients
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to identify areas requiring increased productivity and improve methods and approaches with managers guidance
- Aware of own strengths and weaknesses, building on the former and addressing the latter, with manager guidance
- Primary Target: External and internal client satisfaction
- Secondary Targets: Work efficiently and works effectively independently and in a team.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of clients and be their primary contact
- Ensure quality and timeliness of financial reports and regulatory filings
- Work with Aon colleagues / client teams to ensure deadlines are met on a consistent basis
- Support administrative staff
- Coordinate efforts with outside service providers to meet client needs
- Prepare and present materials during some client board meetings, ensuring quality and inclusion of value added information
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 52,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.