Aon are currently recruiting a Client Manager to join our National team in Birmingham.
Responsible for identifying Client’s risk needs and utilising the best of Aon’s wider offering to design and deliver a profitable Scope of Service Agreement, for their portfolio of accounts.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
As a Client Manager some of your key accountabilities will involve:
Manage the service provided to clients by Corporate and those to whom we subcontract elements of service. Ensure the highest level of service to each assigned is client in line with the agreed client service tools.
- Identify each client’s service requirements and manage the client service team to ensure service meets agree standards.
- Manage client expectations; keeping them informed of progress and communicating with them as appropriate, taking appropriate and timely action to identify and correct problems.
- Maintain client files in accordance with agreed procedures, keeping records complete, accurate and up to date.
Identify and introduce Aon’s products and services to meet the client’s needs and understand and communicate each Client’s business issues and needs to the service team and other parts of Aon.
- Build and maintain a good understanding of each client’s business including financial performance, objectives, market perception, products and services, management structure and key personnel.
- Build and maintain a good understanding of each client’s industry including general insurance issues and cycles and the client’s market position and competitors.
- Ensure that each client’s risks are identified, and appropriate risk and insurance solutions are provided.
- Identify the clients’ other needs and match Aon solutions to those needs where appropriate.
- Maintain Client Promise Plans.
- Identify the clients’ existing relationships with Aon and work with them as a “One Aon” team to share information, co-ordinate and approach and delivery synergies.
- Communicate client and industry knowledge to the service team, other parts of Aon and to insurers as appropriate in conjunction with Client Service Advisors and Brokers.
Build client relationships with key decision-makers
- Identify the key decision-makers and facilitate relationships between these individuals and the appropriate Aon personnel. Develop and maintain information on key contact’s style, preferences and other details as appropriate.
- Keep client advised of key issues, including insurance market trends, changes in legislation and new and innovative products and services.
- Act as a dual service for other client managers as required and ensure dual serving on own clients where appropriate.
Grow the revenue and profitability of his/her client portfolio. Meet annual revenue target for this portfolio
- Identify and monitor the cost of providing service, having the confidence to charge clients for additional work.
- Ensure that complete and accurate time records are maintained by whole service team using the division’s time recording system, to understand and manage client profitability.
- Calculate target fees using the Aon Pricing System/RAN Tool and negotiate acceptable fee with each client.
- Develop plans to achieve profitability on all clients and agree actions with Client Management Director.
- Identify services outside the SoSA and negotiate additional fees.
- Ensure payment is made by clients within agreed timescales/Aon’s credit control standards
Comply with regulatory requirements and business procedures, and any other standards or requirements as communicated
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company
- Lead by example by ensuring own activity complies with regulatory requirements and business procedures.
As a Client Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- ACII/FCII or equivalent
- Understanding the insurance market dynamics
- Strong technical knowledge in all major and pecuniary classes
- Good negotiating, listening and communication skills
- Sales skills
- Adaptable, focussed and self-disciplined
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.