Senior Client Manager - Aviation
Aon are currently recruiting a Senior Client Specialist to join our GBC Aviation team-based team in London. The role is for a Client Director with deep technical knowledge and ability. Working collaboratively with Senior Client Specialist and Team Leader and in line with GBC strategy the role is responsible for managing client relationships and account teams for a specified book of business.
The role is accountable for the day to day running of the account (service) and can include specific objectives for client retention, new existing and new/new business development within the specialty line of business.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and a global leader in human capital and management consulting. Our key advantage is our broad view of the insurance industry. With an employee base of 66,000 people working in 500 offices in more than 120 countries, we can anticipate how changes in one sector affect another.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Global Broking Centre - London
The Global Broking Centre in London is an integral part of Aon’s global broking strategy. The GBC provides colleagues from across the Aon network with access to specialist brokers and client managers, dedicated client solutions and thought leadership, and significant global insurance capacity.
The GBC works with network colleagues to deliver market-leading solutions to Aon clients, creating a competitive advantage in our placement strategies worldwide.
About the Role
As a Senior Client Specialist some of your key responsibilities will involve:
Core functional activity:
- Client relationship management (direct clients and/or network)
- Client meetings
- Present terms to client/network
- Review / create / enhance submission
- Review draft/final MRC
- Complete quote/firm order information in Brokasure including finalise MRC
- Produce and issue certificates of (re)insurance
Secondary functional activity:
- Providing benchmarking and placement advice to clients
- Establish and manage pipeline
- Produce and/or deliver tenders
- File maintenance - ECM
- Send initial engagement to client/network
- Send Cover confirmation to client/network
- Scan / index final agreed slip
- Provide invoicing instructions
- Provide technical wording advice to client/network
- Provide technical training / guidance to colleagues
- Coaching and mentoring
Occasional (optional) functional activity:
- Firm Order broking
- Lead quote broking
- Follow market broking
- Market relationship management
- Define marketing strategy (specific to placement)
- Issue invoice to client
- Respond to A/c queries
- Create BID documentation if required
- Create bespoke wordings / clauses (per client)
- File Reviews / Technical Reviews / Peer Reviews
- Develop strategy & goals
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Senior Client Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Specialty knowledge -
- Extensive experience of managing client relationships
- Excellent understanding of London insurance market dynamics and core processes;
- Excellent technical insurance knowledge; Aviation
- Ability to use insurance industry IT systems to efficiently deliver client service;
- Strong business acumen;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- High level of numeracy;
- Effective communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent understanding and application of compliance and FCA regulation;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application2475618